ReefBot Lab: The Newest All-In-One Automated Water Tester from Reef Kinetics!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DEGREGORIIS

View Badges
Reaction score
Happy user here !

I used Reefbots V1 in the past ( for 2 years ) that were based on older technology such as stepperpumps and linear actuators for test reagent dosing. Despite that older tech, results were reliable and were inline with manual test results. Be it manual tests or done by Reefbot, results were represented in ranges just like the manual tests.
Regular maintenance such as needle or syringe replacement and pump calibration was acceptable.
After 2 years, I went over to another brand of tester but with same type of technology, steppers, linear actuators etc, same level of needed maintenance.
But recently the Reefbot Lab was introduced. A much better design , originating from the Reefbot V2 where they replaced the need for stepperpumps by helical gear drives and a syringe for water sample dosing. This made it more reliable, less maintenance needed and lesser need for calibration. Just replace that syringe once every X tests and you’re done. The unit will tell you when to do so. The use of the helical gears ( like they use in those 3D printers) makes it very silent. Add to that the 12 test vials ( 20 or 60 ml versions), and the sexy and sleek design. Using the newer technology, combined with optimised algorithms made the Reefbot Lab faster and more detailed for the test results. They also optimised test results accuracy without prolonging the test time.I have the Lab now running for 2 months.
I' m in Europe and got the unit within 5 days via DHL.
Results are like I expect ( confirmed by ICP ), service and support ( despite the guys operate out of Lebanon ) is top notch with fast response time. I can only recommend it.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Happy user here !

I used Reefbots V1 in the past ( for 2 years ) that were based on older technology such as stepperpumps and linear actuators for test reagent dosing. Despite that older tech, results were reliable and were inline with manual test results. Be it manual tests or done by Reefbot, results were represented in ranges just like the manual tests.
Regular maintenance such as needle or syringe replacement and pump calibration was acceptable.
After 2 years, I went over to another brand of tester but with same type of technology, steppers, linear actuators etc, same level of needed maintenance.
But recently the Reefbot Lab was introduced. A much better design , originating from the Reefbot V2 where they replaced the need for stepperpumps by helical gear drives and a syringe for water sample dosing. This made it more reliable, less maintenance needed and lesser need for calibration. Just replace that syringe once every X tests and you’re done. The unit will tell you when to do so. The use of the helical gears ( like they use in those 3D printers) makes it very silent. Add to that the 12 test vials ( 20 or 60 ml versions), and the sexy and sleek design. Using the newer technology, combined with optimised algorithms made the Reefbot Lab faster and more detailed for the test results. They also optimised test results accuracy without prolonging the test time.I have the Lab now running for 2 months.
Results are like I expect ( confirmed by ICP ), service and support ( despite the guys operate out of Lebanon ) is top notch with fast response time. I can only recommend it.
Thank you so much for your incredibly detailed and positive review of the ReefBot Lab! We are absolutely thrilled to hear about your fantastic experience with our product.

Your feedback warms our hearts and serves as a tremendous source of motivation. :star-struck:

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Happy user here !

Wow, looks like I need to switch. What is the standard needle size? Can you buy them in bulk or are they proprietary in size like the mastertronic?

From when the first testers hit the market I was surprised none of them used stepper motors from 3d printers. Finally!

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you have stock of these in the USA? Or does it take 7-10 weeks to get one?
I'm sorry to inform you that the summer batch has been completely sold out, including our partners' stock. However, we are currently in the process of preparing a new batch and accepting pre-orders so that our customers can reserve their devices. We hope to start shipping soon and we anticipate the wait time to be much shorter than before. Thank you and have a great day!

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Wow, looks like I need to switch. What is the standard needle size? Can you buy them in bulk or are they proprietary in size like the mastertronic?

From when the first testers hit the market I was surprised none of them used stepper motors from 3d printers. Finally!
Hello! Thank you for your nice words! We have found the stepper motors to be ideal for the mechanism. As for the needles used for the device, they are custom-made to fit the vials properly. They are longer in size than standard needles, and they can reach the bottom of the vials. This ensures that most of the reagents are utilized before refilling. The needles need to be replaced after 60 tests. The device comes with some needles that can last for a few months or more depending on how often you test. Additionally, compatible needles are also readily available at multiple shops and partners both in the US and Europe.

Erric78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I've been using the ReefBot Lab for nearly a year, and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed with this device. The initial setup was very straight forward, and the variety of test options it offers is outstanding. What truly stands out to me is how well it has maintained its performance over time – it's just as reliable as it was on day one. The use of stepper motors instead of the linear actuators as other testers adds more durability and accuracy.

I want to commend Reef Kinetics for their dedication to advancing this technology and for providing speedy and responsive support whenever I've had questions or encountered any issues. I have seen them grow and add enhancements this year I am only curious what would they add next. I highly recommend this device, especially to individuals who frequently travel or prefer not to go through the trouble of manual water testing or sending samples to a lab. It's a main player in my setup and am very pleased with it.

Thank you @HadyOsaily for your continuous work in upkeeping and taking care of all suggestions we give and on promptly addressing all of our concerns and issues.

I hope the admin does not flag my reply, I'm a new member and heard about reef 2 reef from RK and wanted this to be my first interaction.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not admin but am skeptical of the genuineness of the post based on my personal ReefBot Experience and that fact that these posts read like paid advertorials. They all touch on the same exact points and don't sound like candid unsolicited thoughts from users... But that is just my two cents...

I do agree that Hady works hard to help users who are having issues and is pleasant to deal with.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I've been using the ReefBot Lab for nearly a year, and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed with this device. The initial setup was very straight forward, and the variety of test options it offers is outstanding. What truly stands out to me is how well it has maintained its performance over time – it's just as reliable as it was on day one. The use of stepper motors instead of the linear actuators as other testers adds more durability and accuracy.
Hello Eric, thank you for your feedback! We highly appreciate this

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
I am not admin but am skeptical of the genuineness of the post based on my personal ReefBot Experience and that fact that these posts read like paid advertorials. They all touch on the same exact points and don't sound like candid unsolicited thoughts from users... But that is just my two cents...
We are sorry to hear this. And we hope that you consider replying to our support team that would be eager to help you and are still waiting for your reply.

As for the feedback, we are proud of the great relationship we have with our users and the loyalty they have for us that would solely drive them to post their feedbacks.

Have a great one!

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Does the promo code still include upgrading to 12 60ml vials?

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score

I do agree that Hady works hard to help users who are having issues and is pleasant to deal with.
I know DEGREGORIIS from the mastertronic support page and DM him on Facebook. I can guarantee you his review above is 100% legit and I've been posting here a while.

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
I'm all for all the new post in the forums for those who are not having issues. I just hope they don't post and run. I hope they stay and interact with the others. If they have any ideas or things they would like to highlight for RK to potentially add or tweak, there is a post I started consolidating them in an effort to help promote and evolve the machines and the company so that they can provide the best product on the market. Sadly, I'm the only one thus far lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back