Reefbreeders app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders could it be patched to allow a percentage point for the intensity?

Like if I could set 0.25% I think we would be good.
I will test this. It's not out of the question for the software. For the hardware I will need to make sure it is steady at 0.25%.

littlebeard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my 2 modules yesterday. Love it.

Some thoughts(Android version):
Would be nice to be able to download/upload a 24 schedule. Would be awesome to use a BRS recommended one or a talented community member one. The built in ones were interesting, but too much green/red for my tastes.

Would be nice to have multiple schedules and be able to choose the active one.

I would have liked there to be a tab to choose between each of the channels and then a final submit button. (There's no way to go back!)
The override setting is nice but some issues: Unable to program a schedule while it's active. Required me to update each of the channels for the override to work.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed my 2 modules yesterday. Love it.

Some thoughts(Android version):
Would be nice to be able to download/upload a 24 schedule. Would be awesome to use a BRS recommended one or a talented community member one. The built in ones were interesting, but too much green/red for my tastes.

Would be nice to have multiple schedules and be able to choose the active one.

I would have liked there to be a tab to choose between each of the channels and then a final submit button. (There's no way to go back!)
The override setting is nice but some issues: Unable to program a schedule while it's active. Required me to update each of the channels for the override to work.
We are actively working on saving/sharing multiple schedules. Will likely have that integrated in coming months here. There is a back button on iOS- perhaps the back arrow on android is the one on the phone. (Is that still there? my last android had a 3 button interface- home, back, menu)

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to save your settings in a file or something? I want to mess around with some different settings but want to save them and go back to them if I want.
@reefbreeders

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine in today, installed, but no power on even though the light is connecting to the internet and all that.

Also there appears to be no power on/off button in the app without overriding the settings and turning everything down to 0%. But again, mine doesn't do anything besides the initial light cycling then no lights after its done that even though it has a schedule set.

I thought it might have been because I powered off the lights with the remote and the app itself has no on/off feature. Completely went back to the old board, turned the lights on and then swapped back to the new board again, everything is still sitting apart but again no scheduled lights come on after the boot up.

At a loss on what to do now. Oh and another thing this is missing, no way to delete a light you added once you've added it on the app.

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, talked with a guy from reefbreeders, nice guy but didn't help resolve the issue(just keep trying to connect fixed it). However after about the 20th or so attempt it finally connected and synced up.

A little troubleshooting for anyone else:

Solid blue = connected to your phone
Slow flashing blue = awaiting connection from a device
Solid Green = connected and synced with your phone
Super fast flashing blue = something is busted reset device

This thing needs more QA done, and a lot of missing features I very much hope are coming or in the works, would be nice to see that list to see that my $100 for this will be well worth it in the end, acclimation mode....etc.

Oh, prolly another thing in the app that shows the light is on and connected, everytime i setup the light it always said it was connected to the internet when you went thru the setup, but it wasn't.

If you are away for a week and your lights shut off, youve got no idea otherwise.

Last edited:

xylocramer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have them put in for an upgrade fee, but it's cheaper to just buy it and do it yourself.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again asking will there be a way SOON to save settings and go back to them?
The lack of responses from reef breeders is amazing. Imo

ru4serious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both a v2+ and a v2 on my tank, have sent 3 emails over the last week to reefbreeders try to get a circuit board so I can use the v2+ controller on both lights, can't get a response, anyone here with the app upgrade want to sell thier v2+ circuit board, mines a 32" but I think all the boards are the same

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both a v2+ and a v2 on my tank, have sent 3 emails over the last week to reefbreeders try to get a circuit board so I can use the v2+ controller on both lights, can't get a response, anyone here with the app upgrade want to sell thier v2+ circuit board, mines a 32" but I think all the boards are the same
What's your email? Send me a PM. I have answered all emails in inboxes+checked spam folder. We have the V2+ chip for sale on the website too, no need to email for that part:

ru4serious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your email? Send me a PM. I have answered all emails in inboxes+checked spam folder. We have the V2+ chip for sale on the website too, no need to email for that part:

This link is for remote and chip , or remote and multiple chips, don't want to purchase a remote, can I not purchase just the upgrade module

ru4serious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone use that link he sent me, to see where you purchase just the v2+ module with having to purchase a remote, maybe I'm just too old, this is the same link I sent on Facebook last week, I love the lights I have bought to 32" v2 models about 5 years ago, and just recently bought a new v2+ when one of the older ones started acting up, but this is getting frustrating

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone use that link he sent me, to see where you purchase just the v2+ module with having to purchase a remote, maybe I'm just too old, this is the same link I sent on Facebook last week, I love the lights I have bought to 32" v2 models about 5 years ago, and just recently bought a new v2+ when one of the older ones started acting up, but this is getting frustrating
I apologize. For some reason it was not in the dropdown menu! I have corrected the issue. Select "V2+ Receiver Board"

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Reef Breeders ,

I’m excited for the possibilities this new
capability can provide. I’m interested in using an app for the following reasons and was hoping you (or someone else on this thread) could answer:

1) Multiple user profiles that you can switch to (I like to put the lights into a “cloudy” mode if I’m leaving for multiple days)

2) Finer dimming capability i.e. more than 10 steps per hour

3) Adjustable from outside the local network- can I adjust the lights if I’m away?

Thanks in advance for your reply

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back