Reefbrite help

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking at adding one or two reefbrite strips to my existing tank for supplemental lighting. I currently run a 6x80w tek t5 with ati bulbs. My tank is 26" top to bottom and 60" across.
While looking for the older tech models I came across the newer lumi lite models. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of how well they actually work when compared to the older tech models? Would they be good enough on my tank with mostly sps? Im really looking for all blue to make the corals pop, but if they happen to help with growth then I definitely wouldn't complain. Thank you for the help

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When searching I couldn't really find anything on the lumi lites so I'm interested to hear also. Just figured they were equivalent to the stunners or eco's which didn't hear made a difference for blue. I want the same thing but went with the tech due to hearing good things on them even with halides for blue. The xho looks even better but I was fine mid grade. Should get it next week for the lagoon.

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im in the same boat. I couldn't really find much about them or how well they perform. The XHO's are really nice, I just don't really need them. Ill pry end up going with the techs, they pretty much give me what im looking for

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of the techs. Still heard nothing on the lumi's. the tech is great. Shows thru both my 250w halides and pc's. And when on by itself - super blue.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbrite are so overpriced-- and I have them on my 180 reef (3x XHO)

OP
OP
Msmith2813

Msmith2813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its crazy that after all this time there's still nothing on the lumi lites, I guess others are hesitant to purchase them also.
For what I need and am looking for (supplemental light) the reefbrites are actually one of the better priced options. The build my LEDs are way more expensive for a simple strip.

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the tech on my 6', and 8x80 sunpower, it was phenomenal, and IMO, worth the price. My experience was very good, I will be getting another one for my new 36" dimmable.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember checking the spec of these lumi lite models and I don't think they use 3watt LEDs like the tech and the XHO ones

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 63 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back