Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Red Sea,

I'm getting ready to order the Reefer 750 XXL from one of your authorized sellers. Two questions:

1. When will it be released?
2. When should I expect to receive it if I order today?

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can order today. They had a pre release order the first week this month but haven't announced official release date as far as I know.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can order today. They had a pre release order the first week this month but haven't announced official release date as far as I know.

I hope someone from Red Sea chimes in. I sent them a message via their website also.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked BRS about when they will have them in stock and was told

"The Red Sea XXL is going to be awhile still. There was a problem with supply, so we took down the presale on the tanks. We hope to get the logistics figured out and have them back on the site as soon as possible. Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a great day :)"

So I asked him to be more specific and this was the reply.

"Sure, I actually found out more information after I responded to you. It turns out that we won't be carrying the reefer XXL anytime soon. Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a great day :)"

So I know BRS is not Red Sea and their information isn't 100% but if this is any indication we may not see them for a few months still. I've been wanting to order one myself and have been trying to be patient. Hopefully Red Sea chimes in but I haven't seen them reply on this forum for a while.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked BRS about when they will have them in stock and was told

"The Red Sea XXL is going to be awhile still. There was a problem with supply, so we took down the presale on the tanks. We hope to get the logistics figured out and have them back on the site as soon as possible. Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a great day :)"

So I asked him to be more specific and this was the reply.

"Sure, I actually found out more information after I responded to you. It turns out that we won't be carrying the reefer XXL anytime soon. Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a great day :)"

So I know BRS is not Red Sea and their information isn't 100% but if this is any indication we may not see them for a few months still. I've been wanting to order one myself and have been trying to be patient. Hopefully Red Sea chimes in but I haven't seen them reply on this forum for a while.

I've contacted three Red Sea authorized dealers. One of them is reaching out to their rep. and trying to get me a more specific date.

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on purchasing a 625XXL as well and figured it would be around september before i had a chance to order. The pre order stuff had an authorized local reseller contact you to make the actual purchase. I needed to wait till fall to purchase and I wanted to buy from BRS or MD but they were not an option at that time.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS called. Red Sea rep. said I can still preorder. Window will close very soon. If I order now, I'll receiver it sometime in June. If I wait, regular orders will be open late July early August.

Now it's serious. Need to make a decision very soon. My first ever reef tank and my first saltwater tank in a very very long time.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea got back to me and stated that they are aiming to start shipping them out towards mid-June.

I'm told this hobby requires a lot of patience. I'm one day in and already getting impatient.

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! at least now you can start planning equipment, rock layouts, water change stations and stocking ideas. I did the exact opposite where i started buying equipment first and then i will order the tank. this way once it arrives I can fill it right away. I ended up letting a nice 60g cube sit for 6 months one time with a sump, mp40's, and skimmer because i didn't have time to build a stand..... then I sold the thing. Have you decided on any gear yet? as far as patience, there is a reason for my "sons" Fluval Evo XII.... it's called Dad wanted a tank now and didn't want to wait either, and oh btw look at these sweet clownfish that dad wants.... oh you want them too, ok.... :D

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! at least now you can start planning equipment, rock layouts, water change stations and stocking ideas. I did the exact opposite where i started buying equipment first and then i will order the tank. this way once it arrives I can fill it right away. I ended up letting a nice 60g cube sit for 6 months one time with a sump, mp40's, and skimmer because i didn't have time to build a stand..... then I sold the thing. Have you decided on any gear yet? as far as patience, there is a reason for my "sons" Fluval Evo XII.... it's called Dad wanted a tank now and didn't want to wait either, and oh btw look at these sweet clownfish that dad wants.... oh you want them too, ok.... :D

I'm there with you. I'm building a list of all the things I need to buy. Going to wait until the last minute to buy anything that has a warranty and hoping the Apex COR pump is released by July or August.

I've never had a reef tank before. Did have a have a saltwater tank, but that was many years ago. Getting a lot of help from a buddy, this forums, and LFS. So much to learn, so many ways to do things. I think my biggest task for now is the rock layout. I really want it to look good without coral and have enough room to put coral.

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hear you on that. I bought 40# of caribsea life rock then decided to go with realreef instead. I had started planning a smaller tank build then got the green light to go big so I had to sell off the original lighting, skimmer, and a few other bits. I am waiting for the new ATK from Neptune to release as well. I sold a brand new tunze ato to pick that up. my plan is to buy the realreef dry and layout an aquascape on cardboard, and epoxy some pieces together.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hear you on that. I bought 40# of caribsea life rock then decided to go with realreef instead. I had started planning a smaller tank build then got the green light to go big so I had to sell off the original lighting, skimmer, and a few other bits. I am waiting for the new ATK from Neptune to release as well. I sold a brand new tunze ato to pick that up. my plan is to buy the realreef dry and layout an aquascape on cardboard, and epoxy some pieces together.

Real Reef Rock. Interesting. What made you go with that? I actually started a thread asking folks their thoughts between Real Reef Rock and BRS Bulk Fiji Dry Live Rock.

My LFS sells it for $349.50 for 50lbs. BRS Bulk Fiji Dry Live Rock is $134.99 for 50lbs. Big price difference.

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have the patience for coraline algae to grow..... :D i like the color and look of it and I was willing to pay the premium for it. the CaribSea is also purpleish but after getting a box I didn't like it as much as I did the RealReef. the good part of the caribsea though is it's seeded with bacteria to help you start the cycle. it's also pretty reasonable at $160 for 40pounds. in the end though I like to look of the RealReef and their shelf rock.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning towards the Real Reef rock also. I'm following your build thread. Can't wait to see your rockscape. How many lbs. total are you planning on using for you tank? Will you purchase the Real Reef shelf rock also?

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about 100 pounds of base and 25-30 pounds of shelf. I picked up 10 pound of shelf from a guy online and got 2 nice sized pieces and 3 small pieces, 2 of which ended up in the nano tank. I bought 10 pounds of base from premium aquatics but that turned out to be 2 pieces so I am hoping 100 pounds is enough. I don't want a wall of rocks but I think that should be a good start. The one piece out if the 10 pounds was a nice big piece too which i prefer.

Ldogg

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at Tropic Eden Meso Flakes and Reef Flakes. I was going to buy 2 bags of each and mix them up. I like the mesoflakes size but I don't want it blowing around and there are several forum members who have suggested mixing them.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back