Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. I was thinking that would be enough for 1"-1.5" but now I'm not sure. I'll know this week hopefulky

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 1.

Looks great but you used the wrong piece for the front bottom (the piece with the plastic feet) you should have used the white piece and not the black. They include a black and white piece no matter what. If you buy the black stand then you use the black piece and discard the white and vice versa.

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great but you used the wrong piece for the front bottom (the piece with the plastic feet) you should have used the white piece and not the black. They include a black and white piece no matter what. If you buy the black stand then you use the black piece and discard the white and vice versa.

I used the black front piece with my white stand because it won't look dirty over time.. looks fine.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can still mount the white piece under with some magnets if I like. I placed the white under and didn't like how it looked. The black sort of makes us stand look like it's floating.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure? I thought the black piece looks great.

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure? I thought the black piece looks great.

Yes Im sure. You can do whatever you like but if you have a white stand then you use the white piece since the exterior of the stand is white.

StevenT1613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along! You said the back glass is the same 3/4 as the front. How about the sides?

StevenT1613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you plan on running your refugium with the octo200 since the refugium wall won't fit in? I was originally thinking about getting the Vertex Alpha 170 but @9.5 inches width I don't think I will be able to run the skimmer in the first chamber. Now I'm considering the new Skimz piramid since they are narrow.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious, how are you going to drain 200 gallons?

Pumps. Hd or lowes has fittings to adapt some pumps to garden hose fittings.

how do you plan on running your refugium with the octo200 since the refugium wall won't fit in? I was originally thinking about getting the Vertex Alpha 170 but @9.5 inches width I don't think I will be able to run the skimmer in the first chamber. Now I'm considering the new Skimz piramid since they are narrow.

I may try the insert it its narrowest position or convert the topoff tank to a fuge area fed off the varios 8.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the gurgling coming from? Is the overflow drain sucking in water as well? Do you know how much flow is being produced with the varios @ 1 setting?

After a few hours of work last night I was able to get it tuned. The valve Red Sea provides can be turned almost 3 revolutions. For some reason I thought it stopped the other day at 1.5 revolutions. I'll post an update later.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlikely. I can't even get the rufugium plate in with my octo 200. It's about an inch too wide at the standpipe area.
According to the measurements posted earlier in this thread, even the Elite 220 skimmer should allow the sump divider in the smallest refugium position. What am I missing?

I'm asking because I'm about to order the elite 220 and want to use the refugium. @Dawsokj1988

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back