Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I'm putting my stand together. So far is coming along nicely. Even though I'm in the very beginning. Anyone who has theirs together already, do you have any tips or thins I should be aware of?
4cf18f4efe4d844faff3f516562da4ae.jpg
Take your time when putting in the inner screw things that go in the big round holes. I don't know the name of them, but the ones that catch the other screw and tighten it. They can strip pretty easily.

AllAboutThatWrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take your time when putting in the inner screw things that go in the big round holes. I don't know the name of them, but the ones that catch the other screw and tighten it. They can strip pretty easily.

Thanks for the heads up! Your talking about those round locking pieces right? i figured those plastic thread inserts could easily strip too!

Dawsokj1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you guys going to use to cover the top? Open, a screen, glass? Wondering as I'm going with a Reefer 450....
Seriously though, if you want a clean lid, go with artfully acrylic. They have one specifically designed for the 450

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
artfully acrylic, but they don't have a template yet for the 750.

Rocklin Mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pics of these? Do they trap heat?

EDIT: saw an image but on an acrylic tank. Interested to see how they look on a rimless glass.

Last edited:

Muhammed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a guy on facebook who makes really good lids as well. His name is Mark Vince Here are the exact measurements of the inside of the tank if anyone needs it. I added a few extras for my tank like the feed area and gyre area so if you don't need those you can exclude them.

IMG_8794.PNG

StevenT1613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk why I just thought of this, but why is there a difference in the gallon size Red Sea labels the 750 and the gallon calculators online? The calculator online says the 750 is a 185.7 gallon display

StevenT1613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nvm. I answered my own question haha. Interior dimensions after accounting for glass thickness.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I'm putting my stand together. So far is coming along nicely. Even though I'm in the very beginning. Anyone who has theirs together already, do you have any tips or thins I should be aware of?
4cf18f4efe4d844faff3f516562da4ae.jpg

In that photo you have the back of the stand on the floor. Make sure and add the small round snap cap pieces where the screws go through those 3 rectangular standoff pieces. The sump will be resting on those pieces so it's to protect against water damage.

Make sure when you are placing one of the long pieces to the bottom of the top front of your stand that the 4 drilled holes for the door magnet poppers are facing inward.

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will be at my LFS on Tuesday a week from now but contacted Red Sea and they say people in the states already received them! Any one get one yet?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back