Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AllAboutThatWrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2884.JPG
IMG_2883.JPG
Best I could do. Hope it helps. Actinics only.

Looks great!!! thank you so much for taking the time to snap some pics. I really appreciate it! Can't wait to order mine!

StevenT1613

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the meso flakes? Are the grain size uniform? With the pumps turned up would it be better to have a bigger grain?

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered mine in mid June and was told by the LFS that it would be a month or so. They look awesome and can't wait to get mine! I'm really curious to see lighting options that people are going with. I ordered 2 of the Orphek Atlantic v4s with hopes that they will give sufficient coverage. Thanks for taking the time to share. Keep the pics coming!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't wait to see all of your tank builds! :)

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2910.JPG
It's blowing around. Not sure if it's the Rock work , the return pump or mp40s. Then again, after a few weeks the sand will stick together a little better. I'll be trying out the dual nozzle on the return soon and we'll see if that helps. I'll also try moving up the pumps on the side walls. I've got the mo40s at almost 100%.

As to uniformity, is say it's pretty good.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you guys can see, even with medium sized flakes, the return nozzle has the sand blowing off the center section of the tank. That's with the varios 8 at 4. The return nozzle only has a small amount of side-to-side adjustability and very little up and down. I've dialed the pump back to 3 for now. It would be. Water if the return was split into 2 facing the sides of the tank. I'll have to try picking up the 3D printed nozzle to see if hat helps with the sand issue.

Rocklin Mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the plumbing doing as far as flow? I'd really like to upsize it but if the stock size is working well, I'll leave it for a while.

Also, I didn't notice in the pics but are there taps on the return for reactors and such?

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the plumbing doing as far as flow? I'd really like to upsize it but if the stock size is working well, I'll leave it for a while.

Also, I didn't notice in the pics but are there taps on the return for reactors and such?

The factory plumbing has no ports for reactors. You'll have to add that. You can replace it all with your own or add a 1" tee in the return line or a 1" to 3/4" tee then add a bushing to get it down to 1/2" female npt to screw in a 1/2" barb fitting. You'll want a 3/4" or 1" gate valve somewhere in there to control flow as well

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 8 cycle. Someone asked about the sump so I tried to get that in there.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow 750 XXL Owners. Can you please tell me if a 24" tall skimmer will fit? I'm getting ready to purchase the Deltec SC 2060 which requires a height of 23.62"

AllAboutThatWrasse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 200 elite is about 1/2" too wide to have the fuge slat fit in the widest position. I'll get some photos when the sump dries out.

Are you talking about the section directly after the filter socks? I am trying to make a skimmer selection and the 200 elite skimmer was originally what I was going to purchase. Like everyone else I would love to try and find a skimmer that will fit in that first section and handle a heavy bio load for 200 gallons

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the section directly after the filter socks? I am trying to make a skimmer selection and the 200 elite skimmer was originally what I was going to purchase. Like everyone else I would love to try and find a skimmer that will fit in that first section and handle a heavy bio load for 200 gallons
200 sss elite will def for that section, but of course I bought a 200 int elite due to better skimming!

Dan Snyder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was one of the first to pre order but finally got mine in my garage today smh how that works! Not happy with my white cabinet doors but inside black, wanted the inside white as well, changes my game a little! Thanks for all the detail everyone has been posting! Hope I will up and running soon like everyone here! Keep all the info flowing! Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back