ReeferFoxx's JBJ 30

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Wish I could help. I got stuck at the flashy light not going off.
Mine went back in the box.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'd be cool to have O2 monitoring...is that part full time or subscription only?
This monitor is weird to say the least. It's part full time. You pay $30 for 3 slides that provides 3 months of monitoring. For saltwater you soak the slide for 48 hours then begin the testing. However, for me it seems 58-65 hours for soaking as the pH level dropped to 8.40 but now is working itself up again to a "cautious" level of 8.44..... I don't know what to think yet.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20180425-131256.png

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my initial review of the seneye monitor is just shy of being a gimmick. I did talk to someone about the pH monitor and was informed that I needed to test the pH via test kit and then adjust the range manually. As far as the temperature monitoring, junk.
phtemp.jpg
temptemp.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my initial review of the seneye monitor is just shy of being a gimmick. I did talk to someone about the pH monitor and was informed that I needed to test the pH via test kit and then adjust the range manually. As far as the temperature monitoring, junk.
phtemp.jpg
temptemp.jpg

That is disappointing. Still a cheap PAR meter at least, but you may have had one already.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I tried making a warranty claim on my seneye and seems the company is beating around the bush. I have the seneye connected to a laptop running 24/7. The only parameter that is glitching is the temperature. I asked if they would honor the warranty for a new one, they asked me to switch USB ports and send them pictures. I did that and so far I've yet to hear a response.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can tag them here, or you can go to thier forum too.
Whom ever answers the questions seems pretty cool.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can tag them here, or you can go to thier forum too.
Whom ever answers the questions seems pretty cool.
I suppose I should update on this. Seneye was actually monitoring my monitor for the duration of not getting back to me. My internal temp was starting to rise until...they got back to me! Lol...

Turns out I know someone that knows the Creator and designer for the seneye and helped me reach out to, Mathew Stephenson, for some answers. There is a good chance it is on my end. That the computer I'm using isn't giving consistent voltage to the USB port. This theory is being tested as we speak and I'll have an answer this evening.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a good chance it is on my end. That the computer I'm using isn't giving consistent voltage to the USB port.
Yep this. The Seneye performed without flaws plugged into a USB outlet. So, I'll be looking into diagnosing the computer to see if I can fix the issue. For anyone else wondering about the USB outlet, the Seneye can record up to 30 days without internet connection. Once you plug it into a computer, it will give you reports and trends for that 30 days.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on Seneye:

So after running my 20 hour test, it was determined my laptop was throwing my temp readings way off. However, after plugging the seneye back in, it hasn't bugged on me. I was going to run some diagnostics but haven't been able to reproduce the issues I was having. I've yet to trim or adjust the temperature number. The high temp should read 77 degs.

seneyereadings.jpg

Also, notice on the readings where I decided to add my Aquaamaxx HOB-1 skimmer back onto the tank. The readings have been interesting as my pH has seen larger swings and lower pH readings. The area before adding the skimmer was without the skimmer. I might just leave the skimmer off for simplicity and ease of maintenance. Water changes alone on a nano should be sufficient.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on Seneye:

So after running my 20 hour test, it was determined my laptop was throwing my temp readings way off. However, after plugging the seneye back in, it hasn't bugged on me. I was going to run some diagnostics but haven't been able to reproduce the issues I was having. I've yet to trim or adjust the temperature number. The high temp should read 77 degs.

seneyereadings.jpg

Also, notice on the readings where I decided to add my Aquaamaxx HOB-1 skimmer back onto the tank. The readings have been interesting as my pH has seen larger swings and lower pH readings. The area before adding the skimmer was without the skimmer. I might just leave the skimmer off for simplicity and ease of maintenance. Water changes alone on a nano should be sufficient.

Weird. I would have thought the skimmer would have evened it out. Water changes are likely sufficient, but the gas exchange is also beneficial, despite what the readings seem to say.

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might say a lot about the indoor CO2 level. Outside air might have more of the expected effect.
This. Between allergies and humidity, its tough to open windows without running a chiller on the tank. Also where the tank is located it would be difficult to run a airline from the skimmer to the outside.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe buy or rent (if possible) a CO2 meter just to see what the state of things really is. I think they go for about $100 online.

If you wind up seeing that you have 2000+ ppm of CO2 like happened in another thread, then maybe that fresh air run will look more worthwhile in spite of the distance. Or maybe a whole-house solution would be in order – that's what happened in the other thread. Dude said his sleep and mood both improved. :confused:;Brb

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back