ReefHacks | Clownfish Breeding System - 160g.

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how 500+ clownfish babies of 1-2 months old looks like. They always school that way against the glass when see someone passing around the tank and expecting feeding. Flurry, Frostbites, Mocha Storms, WW, Black Ice and Mocha types all together. In a few months they will be separated by type in different chambers. ;Woot #mimimi

Clownfish-Babies-1-month-old.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing - thanks for sharing! You need to start offering these images for sale on your website!!!

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you manage the live feed stage? Do you have a grow out area for plankton and pods?

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing - thanks for sharing! You need to start offering these images for sale on your website!!!

By the way, If anyone wants to start selling their reef images, I can also help you guys to understand how it's working. I'm working for Gettyimages and iStock. So if this subject is appealing for anyone, let me know, and I'll do a post about it. This can be an excellent extra income for people to support the hobby if you take this seriously. ;Snaphappy

Could you go into some more detail on what you are dosing?

Sure, in two words I'm dosing only NOPOX from Red Sea and keep it balanced to avoid chaeto crash in the reactor. But as I'm feeding fish food saturated with probiotics, they get into the water column as well. I'm sure I will cover the nutrients control topic in more details soon. ;Writing

How do you manage the live feed stage? Do you have a grow out area for plankton and pods?

This is the most fun part! The standard way to go is rotifers for the first week after they hatch. But we are not going this way; we are using only baby brine shrimps. This is a fascinating subject as well because only a few people doing it at this moment and I will post more details on the process soon. But the quick answer is BBS only. ;Happy

hotdrop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also curious about how you ended up bringing your hobby fish to market. Seems like the supply of clownfish is already good and most stores have a supplier setup so I’d be interested in how you went about finding buyers.

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also curious about how you ended up bringing your hobby fish to market. Seems like the supply of clownfish is already good and most stores have a supplier setup so I’d be interested in how you went about finding buyers.

We have a little different situation comparing to the hobbyists who are beginning from scratch. As we have traffic on our blog, it was a different route. People are just messaging us, inquiring about wholesale and direct sales. But everyone loves quality and healthy aquaculture fish. I'm sure your local fish store will be glad to accept fishes from you if you can provide quality at great prices. The only thing I'd recommend before start building a larger system is to do in-depth research. And start small with one pair that you have in your reef tank or set a separate QT for this pair. This way, you will dodge a lot of frustrating moments and won't hurt much fish in case of errors, believe me; they will happen. But again, there are so much information now online and books on this subject that it's tough to fail. But mistakes are inevitable, and we should be ready to face them. ;Happy

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work so far, I'm eagerly following along! Definitely interested in any way to make some side income from the hobby. ;)

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the topic of extra or primary income from photography is interesting, I'd be glad to share my experience with you on this subject.

Let's do a quick intro, my name is Alexey Ivanov, and I'm working for iStock by Getty Images as a photographer, and I'm also a part of the iStock Content Team.

Our website with Yuliya: http://www.ingredientsphoto.com

Ingredients.png

iStock by Getty Images is one of the world's leading stock content marketplaces, offering millions of hand-picked premium images. Founded in 2000, iStock created the crowd-sourced stock industry and became the original source for user-generated stock photos, vectors and illustrations, and video clips.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

As a hobbyist, you can submit your images of corals, fish and anything else any time via mobile or desktop for review. After your photos are accepted, they will be available online for customers to see and license.

Corals Getty.png

When customers find the content they want, they purchase a license that allows them to download the file for their personal or commercial purposes (based on the terms of the content license agreement).

Customers can use your content in advertising, marketing, apps, websites, social media, TV and film, presentations, newspapers, magazines, books, and product packaging, among hundreds of other uses. And this is the most fun part because you will start seeing your works in action all over the world. For example, when travelling, reading a magazine, receiving brochures in your mailbox or surfing online. It's always a delightful surprise to find your work in action.

Sure, the reefing content is not a super popular concept as togetherness, innovation, love, and collaboration, to name a few examples. But any quality content will find a buyer.

HOW MUCH CAN I EARN?

Everything depends on your portfolio and how consistent your uploads are. But if you take this serious this can tranform to the only family source of the income how for us with Yuliya for the last 12+ years. So keep in mind your earnings are proportional to your efforts. For this business, this is a very true statement. But it's also the beauty of it. You decide how much time you want to invest in this according to how much you want to get back.

WHAT SHOULD I SHOOT?

If you go full power, as a contributor, you'll have access to Getty creative briefs, which describe content the customers want. More trendy content you shoot, more sales you will generate. But you are free to shoot anything you want.

GettySearch.png

Go to https://www.istockphoto.com - enter in the search keywords like Reef, Corals, Aquarium, Tropical Fish and other reef-related keywords and see what other people are uploading. Also don't hesitate to look at this board, for example, to understand how top-selling content looks like:

https://www.istockphoto.com/collaboration/boards/L9m43WDlbUO8O94wqUFIIA

Boards.png

HOW TO START?

It's very easy, all you need is to go on iStock website and click on Sell stock in the footer of the website. Register your account and follow the instructions.

I hope this post opened something new to you today and motivated to create something amazing! Have a lovely weekend everyone. ;Happy

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am STOKED!! Just got my shipment from @Berlibee !! A BEAUTIFUL pair of Mocha Storm clowns and his Growth Hack food supplement.
I’ve been looking for a clown pair to add to my 50g and I couldn’t have gotten better.
He has been super helpful, knowledgeable, and obviously has an outstanding product.
EA75D8C9-E737-4D53-8B14-0117BE1D8339.jpeg

73B806B1-E0A0-4197-ADBA-CBC202D37AF1.jpeg
95CCD015-6E9E-4D6C-A12C-252264A88A4B.jpeg

Thank you for the incredible service, professionalism, and obviously an outstanding product!

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a website? Where do you list your clowns for sale?

This is our website:

But we don't have clownfish listed at this moment, we sell mostly wholesale. But if you PM me, I can help you to find a nice pair.

;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back