ReeFi Duo Extreme profile sharing thread

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was setting up my lights I had a hard time finding recommended settings except for the pre loaded profiles. I figured I would create a thread where we can share our profiles and discuss. My light profile attached is a 12 hour schedule. Ramp up is 4 hours, peak is 4 hours, and ramp down is 4 hours. The first and last hour is heavier on blue. lights are 9.5' off the water surface off a 21" deep tank. I get 100-150 par on the bottom and 200-250 par on the highest rock surface in the upper 2/3rds of the tank. I have had good luck growing SPS, LPS, and the Nem in my profile pic.
DFA7CEB6-3032-4254-A1F7-2D09DEA6A1BE.png

Attachments

• b4tn Mixed Reef Setting.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 170
OP
OP
b4tn

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my settings here for almost a month now and think this is my final setting. SPS are all displaying lots of PE and coloring up very well. My clam is super happy and has massive growth rings as well. Tank gets 4 hours of full power and 8 hours of ramping. Average across the the rock work is 250-300 and bottom is pretty even at 200 with my screen top on.

Specifics:

- Pics taken with an iphone 11 pro with the orphek orange lens

- Reef is 7 months old

- Tank is 48" by 18" deep and 18" wide

- Two Reefi duo extremes 9.5" from the surface with a screen top on.

-Rock work is 6” below rhe

- PAR meter is an Apogee SQ-520

- I did not do the UV correction so numbers are probably a bit higher.

- Total ramping time including one hour in the morning and 1 hour at night of just blues is 4 hours up, 4 hours full intensity, then 4 hours ramping down.

I struggle with the PAR in the upper center of my tank due to the center brace. I did replace the brace with lexan and it helped a little but not much. I also raised the lights to 12" to even out the spread a bit more and it did help a little but the light spill in front of the tank was not worth it so I brought them back down.

86CDD414-FC1D-4480-B0D3-0F30D7DF9FF0.jpeg
B807DD94-1E7B-4C28-9651-423F893B5F9B.jpeg
F5E38146-07A4-4B2B-8246-263831FB859D.jpeg
88E46625-E224-41BC-B19A-933ECDC3AB4C.jpeg
1C81B9BF-20C4-46A5-825C-3893BFAD4B71.jpeg
D550A12E-44B8-45DB-B20C-17E8042043CF.jpeg
4923576C-DA8A-45B7-92D8-664226A3E9B7.jpeg

Attachments

• May 2020.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 83

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any setting that Mirrow AB+? Or potentially kelvin temp based settings? I think a 12k, 14k, 18k,
And 20k default would be a nice addition to the default settings @danlu_gt

danlu_gt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any setting that Mirrow AB+? Or potentially kelvin temp based settings? I think a 12k, 14k, 18k,
And 20k default would be a nice addition to the default settings @danlu_gt

To me the kelvin temp do not make sense for LEDs that you can control individual color channels. Traditional MH/T5, the kelvin temp is overall blend of "white" light but just how cool or warm the white light is. With today's LEDs, you can controls the blues to UV channels independent to the "warmer" colors. So you can give your corals all the blues to UVs for growth and color, then just add the "warmers" leds to your liking without affecting the blues to UV intensity. Just going by kelvin temp for LEDs, it's possible to adjust the settings such that there are more blue to UV PARS at 12K than at 20K.

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me the kelvin temp do not make sense for LEDs that you can control individual color channels. Traditional MH/T5, the kelvin temp is overall blend of "white" light but just how cool or warm the white light is. With today's LEDs, you can controls the blues to UV channels independent to the "warmer" colors. So you can give your corals all the blues to UVs for growth and color, then just add the "warmers" leds to your liking without affecting the blues to UV intensity. Just going by kelvin temp for LEDs, it's possible to adjust the settings such that there are more blue to UV PARS at 12K than at 20K.

I understand what you are saying, but I think for a lot of people, having a 12k,14k (based on visual appearance) preset could
Help those who are a bit overwhelmed by the 9 channels of control. I like the default presets you have, but I do find them to be too blue for my personal liking. I was able to create a “14k” look, but it took some time. I also don’t know what the best proportion of the different blue wavelengths to each other so I currently have them all maxed out and adjusted the non-blue channels to visual effect, then turned down the master intensity.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand what you are saying, but I think for a lot of people, having a 12k,14k (based on visual appearance) preset could
Help those who are a bit overwhelmed by the 9 channels of control. I like the default presets you have, but I do find them to be too blue for my personal liking. I was able to create a “14k” look, but it took some time. I also don’t know what the best proportion of the different blue wavelengths to each other so I currently have them all maxed out and adjusted the non-blue channels to visual effect, then turned down the master intensity.
That’s basically what you do but you (I’m included) should check par levels and adjust master from there. This is at least what the BRS guys have been doing. It seems credible to me. I just used SunCrest’s schedule and tweaked it a little to fit my time needs, color and boost power for hanging height. I agree presets are just a bit blue for me. I think if you set the color you like and adjust and pay attention to total wattage of other people with similar set ups and par settings you can make an educated guess of what you need. However a par meter is the only way to know for sure.

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just got 3 duo's. My tank depth is 30" and I'm trying to figure out good settings for that depth. Does anyone know what the Photo_sps preset is for? Is it just for taking photos or is it a viable preset to run? It seems to put out the most wattage which might help my case with 30" depth. I might need to buy 3 more duo's to be able to grow SPS.

ddaddy2420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having trouble pulling these files onto my iPhone and then loading them into the lights, do I have to use a computer or is there a way on the phone I’m missing?

AlainD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my iPhone, i have to use safari to download the file

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes then that file should be found in the files folder on your phone. When you go to the lights app go to retrieve LED settings, then browse and it should be there.

aggieoil11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody else using something other than a Suncrest-derived schedule? Looking for an SPS-style schedule and am curious if anyone has had success with something approximating AB+

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%

Back