Reefi Uno 2.0 pro

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys would the Reefi Uno 2.0 pro be more comparable to an XR15 or an XR30 with respects to light output and spread? Thanks.

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Btw, how's the shimmer on the Uno? I had ATI Stratons and the shimmer was minimal. I really enjoy lots of shimmer and glitter lines.

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a panel-style GNC Blu-Ray M-Pro led. Shimmer was minimal b/c it was a panel-style. Relatively speaking, Uno2 has a lot more prominent shimmer than GNC but a bit less than AI Prime HD. No way compared to Kessil (my local fish shop uses Kessils).

Curious, why not keep using ATI Stratons? I was waiting for ATI Straton Pro (it would be the 'perfect' size/fit covering my entire 24"x15" Fiji Cube 32 AIO; no more shadowing), till I was out of patience and learning it mostly likely wouldn't come to the States).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a panel-style GNC Blu-Ray M-Pro led. Shimmer was minimal b/c it was a panel-style. Relatively speaking, Uno2 has a lot more prominent shimmer than GNC but a bit less than AI Prime HD. No way compared to Kessil (my local fish shop uses Kessils).

Curious, why not keep using ATI Stratons? I was waiting for ATI Straton Pro (it would be the 'perfect' size/fit covering my entire 24"x15" Fiji Cube 32 AIO; no more shadowing), till I was out of patience and learning it mostly likely wouldn't come to the States).
I actually broke down my tank and sold the Straton last year. I restarted the tank with my trusty Giesemann MH pendant that's currently running a single 400w 20k Radium and 4x24 watt t5's. While I love halides, I do miss the control of the led's. Is Neptune Aquatics your local shop? It's mine too, but I live near Salinas/Monterey.

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's three Reefi 2.0 pro over my 60x24x24 tank. Running around 38% total output to get 180-200 par on the sand at 22" deep. Spread is fantastic, power is unbelievable and the colors are so good I'm not even planning on using the hybrid t5 I have them installed in

I'm using the 120° reflectors, and the picture is not the color settings. Just the best angle I had to label on lol.

Par.jpg

Screenshot_20230103_120038_Chrome.jpg

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish Reefi would put out a par graph similar to how BRS and Dana does it. Then we could really compare apples to apples. Nothing on his website gives actual distribution at mounting heights. Reefi does have the video on his giant tank but that leaves to much in question.

I want to buy these over an XR15 due to spectrum, support for small business, and performance per dollar. But if it doesnt have the spread at a similar price point it just doesnt make sense. The power is great, but without the spread i would need to buy 3 fixtures rather than 2 to get the same blanket of light. I imagine the Par map would be similar to a small black box.

@danlu_gt please make a spread chart for your community.

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that Telegraham has been doing measurements the same as he has done on all of the other fixtures he's published. Waiting for the results to be posted

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it, but is there any issue with discoball effect? I don't see a diffuser option; maybe just not needed.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's three Reefi 2.0 pro over my 60x24x24 tank. Running around 38% total output to get 180-200 par on the sand at 22" deep. Spread is fantastic, power is unbelievable and the colors are so good I'm not even planning on using the hybrid t5 I have them installed in

I'm using the 120° reflectors, and the picture is not the color settings. Just the best angle I had to label on lol.

Par.jpg

Screenshot_20230103_120038_Chrome.jpg
Do you think one would work over a 40 breeder?

XavierZ06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it would if mounted high enough, might have a lot of light spill front to back but with the 120 reflectors you shouldn't have a problem with par.

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why switch?
Main reasons are the Radions are very loud and produce a blinding glare. I was not able to sit at the table and enjoy my tank for more than 5 mins before walking away. The Sky's are quiet compared to the Radions but also produce an annoying glare and I always felt the Sky's were missing something as far as color in my tank.

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow. I’ve seen them in shops and never thought the glare was that bad. I guess when it’s in your home it’s a different story.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back