Reefi Uno Pro 2.0 or Noopsyche K7 3

SaltlifeHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently bought a IM 100 gallon tank 48x24x20 and need lighting and have it somewhat narrowed down to those 2 choices. I’m mainly wanting to just do softy’s and have an anemone. Would like to get opinions on these lights and how many for a 48 inch long tank.

Also open to other options as well but just not trying to break the bank

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s like saying “should I get a Shelby gt500 or a base model ford focus?”

One of those choices is top shelf made with really nice components and attention to detail, horsepower for days and tons of tweak ability, the other is inexpensive, practical, and a point a to b kind of product.

Obviously the reef fi is everything you’d need and then some, but do you need/want that much light? I would say yes. But some people really truly can get by fine with “good enough”

OP
OP
SaltlifeHokie

SaltlifeHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s all I’ve done for 5 days. I’ve had about 3 in my cart and didn’t pull the trigger for one reason or another. Just want to get it right the first time and avoid spending more money later after I realize I bought the wrong light.

BOYERZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltlifehokie, my post was is response to "spare time". I apologize.

I completely understand your dilemma.

I've been out of the hobby for 10 years, just got back in. I went with the ai blade knowing I was going to upgrade in the near future.

From all the research I have done reefi is where it's at.

I don't think this hobby is a buy once cry once.

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smatfarm G5 would be my choice...I have the noops and the smatfarm .. I like the smatfarm better , especially in price $$

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I predict that you will not stick with only softies. Having Reef aquariums and browsing this forum will eventually drive you to adding LPS and SPS. There are so many beautiful animals to keep and enjoy. I have 2 Reefi Uno 2 Pros over my 48” after upgrading from RedSea LEDs and I think they are awesome. Get the Reefi and you are prepared for whatever you decide to do now or in the future.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to do a canopy or an open top tank?

If you're doing an open top tank, Reefi is the option I would go with, his "reeflectors" keep light bleed to a minimum.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're doing an open top tank, Reefi is the option I would go with, his "reeflectors" keep light bleed to a minimum.
The reefbreeders photons are very good at this as well with the panel style vs pucks like many use (not familiar with the Reefi design). Its the reason I went with a photon over my tanks in the dining room and bedroom that are open top. As a plus they also include tank mounts and hanging mounts. Not super cheap but I'm happy with the two I have.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you can go wrong with either 2 Reefis, 2 Noops, or a 48" Reefbreeder.

2 Noops would be the cheapest, at about $450 total. If you are someone who isn't the best with Aps, or gets frustrated by them, or you don't want to get something completely Chinese, that would be a reason to avoid. Shortest warranty as well. If you want more lights down the road, you could add another 2 and still be in the budget range of the Reefi and Reefbreeder.

Reefbreeder would be the middle of the road price-wise. There are some really nice tanks on here, like thermans and others, lit by Reefbreeders. They are a 'panel' as apposed to a 'puck' style. Probably more disco effect, but less shadowing by design. There is an App controlled version, and a cheaper version with a TV remote style controller still available.

2 X Reefi Uno 2.0 would be 1000 bucks. Lots and lots of power (270 watts a piece). Best warranty. Better controller/App than the other 2. Sort of a 'panel' but the units are still 7x6" or so, so shadowing would still be possible if you had big branchy SPS colonies.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s all I’ve done for 5 days. I’ve had about 3 in my cart and didn’t pull the trigger for one reason or another. Just want to get it right the first time and avoid spending more money later after I realize I bought the wrong light.
I run radions and halides myself.. I will be selling my radions and going reefi uno myself! My buddy has them and I’m sold on them!

xyzner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Uno 2.0s on a new 135 gallon and a Noop Mini on a nano. Different lights that will be used for different purposes, but so far, the Uno was the easier to program light + there’s a very noticeable difference in build quality. The light quality is also very different between the two, but again they are two very different lights at very different price points. The warranty with Uno is better and Daniel at Reefi is great to communicate with if needed.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back