ReefKeeper's Departure Hurts The Industry

Reef.ductionist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might as well add my .02 cents.

Like many other reefkeeper owners I still have my reefkeeper lite and it has worked flawlessly for me for 5 years.
It is a great unit and it will be a long time before I buy another controller setup.

I think the biggest dissapointment for me was the way the parent company pulled the plug on all their 'existing customers' who used their forums to find information and used the URL of DigitalAquatics/ to view the netmodule from the internet.
Let's face it, the cost of keeping the forums online but closed and for reference purposes only would have been about 3.00 a month. ...Also it would have been nice, no not just nice, but somewhat respectable to have granted all the existing customers that simple affordance and consideration.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Might as well add my .02 cents.

Like many other reefkeeper owners I still have my reefkeeper lite and it has worked flawlessly for me for 5 years.
It is a great unit and it will be a long time before I buy another controller setup.

I think the biggest dissapointment for me was the way the parent company pulled the plug on all their 'existing customers' who used their forums to find information and used the URL of DigitalAquatics/ to view the netmodule from the internet.
Let's face it, the cost of keeping the forums online but closed and for reference purposes only would have been about 3.00 a month. ...Also it would have been nice, no not just nice, but somewhat respectable to have granted all the existing customers that simple affordance and consideration.

No one really saw it coming so soon, and they sorta close the doors without warning leaving many hanging.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one really saw it coming so soon, and they sorta close the doors without warning leaving many hanging.
I bought mine and a week later they shut up shop ;Hilarious

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested to see how this plays out now with the Controller market...Hydros is coming in and has the ability to steal ground from Neptune. Neptune is now owned by BulkReefsupply. Does Neptune Pivot and put out a true modular system? Not some Nerfed not upgradable garbage?

Back