Reefkinetics Reefbot

Seadoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a very interesting thread and I have enjoyed reading the posts, reviews and comments.

My current setup has the DT in the main floor and the RO, SW sources, as well as the AWCin the level immediate below. Given space constraints and noise concerns, It is not possible for me to set the system next to the DT. The question I have: Can it be placed in the basement?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a very interesting thread and I have enjoyed reading the posts, reviews and comments.

My current setup has the DT in the main floor and the RO, SW sources, as well as the AWCin the level immediate below. Given space constraints and noise concerns, It is not possible for me to set the system next to the DT. The question I have: Can it be placed in the basement?
Hello, do you have any water source from the tank in your basement? Thanks

Seadoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, do you have any water source from the tank in your basement? Thanks
I have a 1/4" line that drains water as part of AWC's between midnight and 5am (1.2g per day). That's the only tank water source that passes through the basement.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1/4" line that drains water as part of AWC's between midnight and 5am (1.2g per day). That's the only tank water source that passes through the basement.
If you can create a kind of container and circle water in it to the tank, you’ll be able to put it in the basement. Otherwise you’ll need to get water in a container and put the tank hose of the ReefBot in it whenever you need to test.

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering this over a Trident or KH Guardian because of the potential to test po4 and no3 in addition to KH, but I'm not really interested in being a guinea pig with my vast coral collection. Have most of the initial accuracy concerns people mentioned with the po4 results been addressed, as well as a lot of the little bugs people mentioned? It's encouraging you guys are responsive, and I just want to know if these issues are one time things that are corrected in your software updates.

Also, do you ever see this integrating with Apex?

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test both of these daily with the reefbot and it comes out the same when I manually test. I use the redsea test kits. Nothing can beat the trident for the big three though, but it's really nice being able to monitor nutrients automatically. Where the trident stands out IMO is with controlled dosing when linked up to a DOS. When I tested alk and calc before trident was released on reefbot, I felt it was a little pricey on reagents compared to trident now.

Last edited:

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You test po4 and no3 daily that show the same results when you manually dose? Have you had other bugs or issues that needed to be addressed? Thanks for the feedback!

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had really no issues -
bent mount for syringe from shipping, support had me bend back into place - easy fix
every few months, I will have to power clycle device because it hangs or fails to test
only complaint is that you have to keep viles 50% full or machine will not run tests - but not big deal

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test both of these daily with the reefbot and it comes out the same when I manually test. I use the redsea test kits. Nothing can beat the trident for the big three though, but it's really nice being able to monitor nutrients automatically. Where the trident stands out IMO is with controlled dosing when linked up to a DOS. When I tested alk and calc before trident was released on reefbot, I felt it was a little pricey on reagents compared to trident now.
Hello,
the bugs are fixed and the ReefBot runs perfectly and smoothly now.
Do not hesitate to contact us on [email protected] for any further assistance.

robby2782

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to hear it! I started another business couple years ago, and a question I was asked quite frequently in the beginning was how would I handle a warranty I was providing to my clients. I ensure mine through a 3rd party, and was wondering if you guys had a backup plan in case something ever happened to your business. Would there still be a server to support your platform, or would it just go away? Also, assuming you're coming out with a second generation device, what would that mean for the people that have the current model?

I'm not trying to call you out by any means, and this could probably help you sell more of your product since the other devices don't have the same testing capabilities.

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to hear it! I started another business couple years ago, and a question I was asked quite frequently in the beginning was how would I handle a warranty I was providing to my clients. I ensure mine through a 3rd party, and was wondering if you guys had a backup plan in case something ever happened to your business. Would there still be a server to support your platform, or would it just go away? Also, assuming you're coming out with a second generation device, what would that mean for the people that have the current model?

I'm not trying to call you out by any means, and this could probably help you sell more of your product since the other devices don't have the same testing capabilities.
We support our customers around the world and solve all issues.
We work with amazon AWS and all our devices will work even if we have new models.

Regards,

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be easier for me to use sump water but how different are the parameters in the sump downstream of filtration as opposed to the tank? Should I put it in a more inconvenient location near the tank because the results will be much more accurate?

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be easier for me to use sump water but how different are the parameters in the sump downstream of filtration as opposed to the tank? Should I put it in a more inconvenient location near the tank because the results will be much more accurate?
You shouldn’t have any fluctuations between the sump and display unless return flow is very weak.

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked it when I was using it, but I haven’t used mine in over a year. I also don’t test anymore…. well not really true. only thing I test now is alk/CA/Mag via the trident.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still happy with mine.
I purchased one of the first generation Reefbots. The 58th one in fact.

I only use it to test nitrates and phosphates though because I have a Trident to test the big 3.

Mine still works as it should.

I only wish I could get the iodine test here in the United States.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer. I thought that thing would be great if it worked well.

That said, I’ve read countless reviews about the Trident drifting over time and being unreliable. Several guys on my other forum said “oh no mine is good, it hasn’t drifted.” Funny thing was that one guy mentioned he had his rebuilt, and that it’s very accurate again, and they ALL INQUIRED about where he had this done at and how much it costs which basically tells me everything I need to know about their units.

Recently I’ve been working with a newbie reefer to get his tank setup better and dialed in. I’ve been watching the data on his Trident and it seems to be fairly accurate as far as I can tell. His tank has been up about 6 months so I’m assuming his trident is about that old, but not sure.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back