nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scubabum Your tank is gorgeous! I hope my 525 looks like this in a few years. I thought I was reaching max fish load but your tank gives me hope. How many fish do you have total? I have a couple of rock mags and the magnets are a little weak for the glass thickness. What kind of magnetic rock is on your overflow and back glass?

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scubabum Your tank is gorgeous! I hope my 525 looks like this in a few years. I thought I was reaching max fish load but your tank gives me hope. How many fish do you have total? I have a couple of rock mags and the magnets are a little weak for the glass thickness. What kind of magnetic rock is on your overflow and back glass?
Thank you. I have a total of 30 Fish. The magnetic frag racks are from Reef Rax.

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 525XL is turning 3 years old tomorrow. Here's the latest pic. Couple changes to the reef include a larger Protein skimmer to handle increased bioload. Reef Octopus 200 SSS. I currently have 30 Fish in the system. New additions are 2 Copperband Butterflies and 7 Green Chromis. The Copperbands eliminated all visible aiptasia in less than a week. Also started dripping Kalkwasser at 2ml per minute 24/7 which has increase my PH to 8.4 at peak of day. Had to slightly dial back the Calcium reactor.
IMG_20200421_193706_804.jpg

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What fish do you have ?

Here is my load:

1 Purple Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Sailfin Tang
2 Blue Tang
2 Black Saddleback Clowns
1 Yellow Stripe Marron
1 Six line
4 Anthias
1 Copperband (eating like a horse)

Yellow Watchman coming...
Fish List::

2 Black Ice clownfish

Orchid Dotty back

Mandarin

Flame Hawk

Blue throat Trigger

Male Lyretail

Female Lyretail

six line

melanarus

yellow coris

McCosker wrasse

2 Copperband butterfiles

2 Bangaii cardinals

Springer Damsel

6 green chromis

Flame Angel

Purple tang

Yellow Eye Kole tang

Molly Miller Blenny

Blue star Leopard wrasse

Leopard wrasse

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Reef Rax holders? I am thinking of ordering a couple of the singles but just concerned about them holding up when the frags grow out into colonies.

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Reef Rax holders? I am thinking of ordering a couple of the singles but just concerned about them holding up when the frags grow out into colonies.
Huge fan of the Ref Rax. I have two singles and the larger shelf. The material is rough and gets covered in Coraline very fast and blend right in. Magnets are strong and I've had no issues with them falling or slipping.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge fan of the Ref Rax. I have two singles and the larger shelf. The material is rough and gets covered in Coraline very fast and blend right in. Magnets are strong and I've had no issues with them falling or slipping.

Cool. Do you have any close up pictures of them?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My gosh man this is one amazing reef!! Any new updates? Also this is out Reef Of The Day today! WOOT!

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reduced my lightning intensity down to 55 and my SPS are just starting to recover. Thanks goodness. I am still have issues maintaining PO4 at .01-.02. other than that things are looking good.

Hey RK. Do you have any idea what your PAR is like? I dont think I've heard you mention it. Just intensity. What range do you give your SPS? Any idea of PAR at the bottom?

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey RK. Do you have any idea what your PAR is like? I dont think I've heard you mention it. Just intensity. What range do you give your SPS? Any idea of PAR at the bottom?
I sure do. Here are the Par values of my Radions only. I recently added a T5 Hybrid to help with shadowing.

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 9.01.18 AM.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back