OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a while. Top pick was at year 2. Bottom pic is today and and will be 3 years in April. Added some new equipment which I will update in a later post.

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 5.22.30 PM.png

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great - thank you for sharing! Really nice progress you have there. I went with a minimal rockscape and don't have many corals right now. There's quite a few times that I feel I don't have enough rock, but when I see a setup like yours I am reminded of how I need to be patient and focus on the original goal of less rock & more corals.

Appreciate the update! Beautiful reefscape.

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you thinking nutrient high in the first year? I am lower just because I'm worried about the first year uglies.
My nutrients were much lower the first year. Early on I experienced Marine velvet and pulled all fish for 76 days. Nutrients bottomed out and I had a 6 month battle with Dino. During that battle I dosed Brightwell NeoNitro and Neophos and have kept my nutrients up ever since.

OP
OP
Scubabum

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you realizing any advantages to keeping your Magnesium elevated? I was targeting 1360 but I noticed yours is much higher.
I don't really try and control or target it. It's where it lands with remag in my Calcium reactor and my Alk and Calcium are stable so I just leave it be.

OceanDiver

DEEPBLUE CURATOR
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a modified version of AB+ Here is a screenshot. All points except peak of day are 100% all blues, violet and UV. Peak of day shown in the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 7.58.50 PM.png
Other than intensity changes. Is that where you have you whites and greens and reds throughout the day?

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back