Refugium Mess?

Sunshine2036

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
1
Location
05045
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a refugium with caulerpa prolifera currently and havent wanted to touch the section of my sump because I am afraid of this seeding back into my display. All of whats left seems to be floating and nothing attaches to the live rock below it.

I have chaeto on the way, and curious if what I am seeing is beneficial or in need of removal/cleaning before adding the chaeto.
I also have a few jars of 5280 pods from AlgaeBarn on the way to add to the chaeto.

All my coral disappeared since the caulerpa outbreak in the display. I currently have two clowns, one coral beauty, one blue hippo tang, a lawnmower blenny, some hermits, and snails.

My goal is to have my reef tank back up and flourishing!

Please help! This is my first time seeing my refugium look this way and I'm new enough to this hobby, I do not know if what I am seeing is good or bad!

Many thanks in advance!
80db4d31-e3f7-4b42-ad39-b3bb4ebd468c.jpg
 
I have a refugium with caulerpa prolifera currently and havent wanted to touch the section of my sump because I am afraid of this seeding back into my display. All of whats left seems to be floating and nothing attaches to the live rock below it.

I have chaeto on the way, and curious if what I am seeing is beneficial or in need of removal/cleaning before adding the chaeto.
I also have a few jars of 5280 pods from AlgaeBarn on the way to add to the chaeto.

All my coral disappeared since the caulerpa outbreak in the display. I currently have two clowns, one coral beauty, one blue hippo tang, a lawnmower blenny, some hermits, and snails.

My goal is to have my reef tank back up and flourishing!

Please help! This is my first time seeing my refugium look this way and I'm new enough to this hobby, I do not know if what I am seeing is good or bad!

Many thanks in advance!
80db4d31-e3f7-4b42-ad39-b3bb4ebd468c.jpg
I mean it’s comparable to a hazmat spill probably a stage 3
 
I have a refugium with caulerpa prolifera currently and havent wanted to touch the section of my sump because I am afraid of this seeding back into my display. All of whats left seems to be floating and nothing attaches to the live rock below it.

I have chaeto on the way, and curious if what I am seeing is beneficial or in need of removal/cleaning before adding the chaeto.
I also have a few jars of 5280 pods from AlgaeBarn on the way to add to the chaeto.

All my coral disappeared since the caulerpa outbreak in the display. I currently have two clowns, one coral beauty, one blue hippo tang, a lawnmower blenny, some hermits, and snails.

My goal is to have my reef tank back up and flourishing!

Please help! This is my first time seeing my refugium look this way and I'm new enough to this hobby, I do not know if what I am seeing is good or bad!

Many thanks in advance!
80db4d31-e3f7-4b42-ad39-b3bb4ebd468c.jpg
I’m unsure if this will help since I assume it’s in your display. But I’d turn off the pumps then empty the sump completely and disinfect it. Then id dose hydrogen peroxide to the tank after you look up what the instructions are for the dosage (I forget off the top of my head).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new