Refund

Diving Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone tell me if I sold a product through the site and the buyer received it and it wasn't up to his/her standards, is there any type of rule how long they can use/hold it before they start the refund process with pay pal? My thinking is you should pretty much start the process right away especially when the buyer (me) has agreed to give a full refund! I just don't think it's fair for him/her to use until they decide to send it back. Pay pals policy says buyer has up to 6 months to start a dispute! Please advise. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#MODS might be able to shed a little light on the subject but I'm assuming as the actual financial transaction was through PayPal you are at the mercy of there policies. I think it's a little ridiculous to hold something and use it only to return it to the person I bought it from a few months later. Doesn't really look good on the buyer and I'd be pushing for a partial refund at best.

Bryn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area!

Don't feel bad, you had to start somewhere, and I'm sure the moderators will move it to a better place to get more eyes on it. You did get us all excited, we thought you where a new reefer in the Greet & Meet section... ;Woot

OP
OP
Diving Dan

Diving Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just thinking, I can definitely understand that you received what I sold you and you don't feel like I was strait up. Fine, return it for a full refund. Should be very quick and easy. I am not disputing it in any way. It's only been a couple of days, but if you know you don't want it, why hold it and state "there will be no rush on my end"! Not right

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Diving Dan

I will attach our buying and selling rules. I am not 100% sure if it will answer the question you have about after the transaction. I think your recourse will be thru the vendor feedback forum. We can’t quote PayPal policy on disputes but let’s see if maybe @dbl or #Daniel@R2R can help

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While R2R doesn't have a specified time frame for returns and/or refunds, it would fall back to the payment service used in the transaction.

As @Mastiffsrule indicated, you are welcome to share your experience in the feedback section. That forum is limited to comments only from the involved parties to assist in what is hopefully an agreeable resolution.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can someone tell me if I sold a product through the site and the buyer received it and it wasn't up to his/her standards, is there any type of rule how long they can use/hold it before they start the refund process with pay pal? My thinking is you should pretty much start the process right away especially when the buyer (me) has agreed to give a full refund! I just don't think it's fair for him/her to use until they decide to send it back. Pay pals policy says buyer has up to 6 months to start a dispute! Please advise. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area!
Ok, this is what I try to do.

Whatever the product is, I take multiple pictures, especially the serial numbers and any identifying marks.
I post them all.
I will give a full description of age and any issues and post everything in the sales thread.
I make sure everything is visible in the ad.
It's not your problem if the buyer has buyers remorse.
If the product is exactly as described, paypal should side with the seller.

OP
OP
Diving Dan

Diving Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is what I try to do.

Whatever the product is, I take multiple pictures, especially the serial numbers and any identifying marks.
I post them all.
I will give a full description of age and any issues and post everything in the sales thread.
I make sure everything is visible in the ad.
It's not your problem if the buyer has buyers remorse.
If the product is exactly as described, paypal should side with the seller.
I'm okay with him not being satisfied! I just don't agree with him/her using my product until he/she is ready to send it back! Person told me 4 days ago he felt ripped off. I told them I would gladly give them a full refund, just start the process with pay pal and there would be no dispute on my behalf.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Can someone tell me if I sold a product through the site and the buyer received it and it wasn't up to his/her standards, is there any type of rule how long they can use/hold it before they start the refund process with pay pal?

If 4 days have gone by and he has not done anything about it on his end, then it sounds like he trying to pull a fast one ( he already has IMO by wanting his money back)
You should call paypal on the phone and speak to a agent about the transaction.

Back