Removing Bubbles From Overflow Siphon.

alfieh0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two U-bend siphons going from my tank into an overflow box, i put them in yesterday, but during last night there are little bubbles collecting in the top, forming one big bubble. How can i stop this?

I was thinking about having a pump that sucks air out, i could put a small tube inside the pipes (as the pipes are quite large) so the opening of the tube is at the top of the U-bend where the air is. I can then attach the tube to a vacuum pump and if i notice air in the tube i can turn on the pump and suck it out threw that.
Are there any other ways to get the air out of the U-bend siphon? If not does anyone know any good vacuum pumps that this would work for?
Thanks.

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two U-bend siphons going from my tank into an overflow box, i put them in yesterday, but during last night there are little bubbles collecting in the top, forming one big bubble. How can i stop this?

I was thinking about having a pump that sucks air out, i could put a small tube inside the pipes (as the pipes are quite large) so the opening of the tube is at the top of the U-bend where the air is. I can then attach the tube to a vacuum pump and if i notice air in the tube i can turn on the pump and suck it out threw that.
Are there any other ways to get the air out of the U-bend siphon? If not does anyone know any good vacuum pumps that this would work for?
Thanks.
the only reason you have bubbles in the siphon is because your return into the tank is not enough flow, Turn up the flow and the bubbles should go away.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water flow MUST be able to pull any air bubbles completely out of the tubes.
If you do this you will not have any problems.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back