Removing hinges on biocube 32

lordthaxto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, see my build thread for background if you want :)

This is about removing the hinges attached to the biocube ( the lid is already removed ).

I am trying to think of the best way to get my skimmer to fit, and this hinge is the only thing getting in the way for placing in chambers 2 and 3 :

20210115_073144.jpg

I figured a hack saw or something, with a friend running a vac to grab the plastic before it drops into my tank.

Here is the skimmer :

20210114_184746.jpg

So intake would be in chamber two after water goes through my intank media trey. Output would be directly into chamber three. I have an ATO system I will need to figure where to place as well.

The other other concern I have is my return pump... the octo has a higher turnover in GPH. The chambers 2 and 3 are "level-ish" only a small sponge between them. So in theory, would the octo just retain the same level in those back two chambers?

Thanks

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a dremmel and carefully cut them off and then sanded them down. I still have the black support, and try to cover the tank with cardboard or something because it gets everywhere. It gets fairly hot so do it a bit at a time

OP
OP
lordthaxto

lordthaxto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a dremmel and carefully cut them off and then sanded them down. I still have the black support, and try to cover the tank with cardboard or something because it gets everywhere. It gets fairly hot so do it a bit at a time
Thanks! You wouldnt happen to know anything about the skimmer turn over rate, versus the pump being an issue by chance?

john90009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late response. I did not install a skimmer in mine. I hooked a floodlight to shine in the back of mine and there cheato in there and was able to grow corals without a skimmer.

Attachments

• FE180188-2242-4861-A4BB-E4572178CE19.jpeg
    FE180188-2242-4861-A4BB-E4572178CE19.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 55
OP
OP
lordthaxto

lordthaxto

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late response. I did not install a skimmer in mine. I hooked a floodlight to shine in the back of mine and there cheato in there and was able to grow corals without a skimmer.
Nice build! I got the skimmer in the other day ( see my build thread for photos ). I used the dremel, just need to do a second pass to get the red sea led to fix dead center

Thanks guys!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back