Removing Magnet from Glass

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
19
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just made a really stupid mistake when setting up my brand new IM 170. I added a Maxspect Gyre and now want to change is location, but I cannot get the outside magnet off of the glass because I removed the plastic over the adhesive! This adhesive is no joke!
Who knows how to get this thing off without scratching the glass!

IMG_7521.jpeg IMG_7520.jpeg
 
Try fishing line or thick thread. Work it between the magnet adhesive and the glass with a back and forth sawing motion. May work.
That's a great idea!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new