Replacement Union Slip x Thread for VarioS pump

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm trying to find a replacement union for my varios pump, unfortunately I did glued bad with the PVC pipe so I need to buy two 1" fittings, I already bought one but it seems like the threading is not the same.

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you or have you tried to plug directly to the pump or are you using something after the included union?

I'm looking for a union that fits the white threads of the pump as seen in the picture.

Attachments

• VarioS-2-1.png
    VarioS-2-1.png
    253 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are metric threads. I bought a PVC threader for standard on Amazon and used the 1" on the pump. I then used a Home Depot threaded union. worked great
Do you have some pictures or links of the parts you got?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but I think I found the replacement parts in UK, is cheaper an easier.

That is BSP (British Pipe Thread) it is not going to work. US is NPT (National Pipe Thread) not the same thread pitch as BSP. That is also Solvent weld metric (slip) to BSP

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is BSP (British Pipe Thread) it is not going to work. US is NPT (National Pipe Thread) not the same thread pitch as BSP. That is also Solvent weld metric (slip) to BSP

Actually the threaded part I needed to be BSP, as far as I know the Varios uses them instead of NPT. then for the Solvent is 1", that's supposed to be NPT that's why it shows as metric and imperial.

slogan315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually the threaded part I needed to be BSP, as far as I know the Varios uses them instead of NPT. then for the Solvent is 1", that's supposed to be NPT that's why it shows as metric and imperial.
I am having the same issue as you: Needing a replacement for the Varios 4 starting at the white threads. Can you elaborate more on your solution? Do you use the threaded female side of the union on the male pump threads?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope this helps. BTW, I believe most of the 24Vdc and 36Vdc Pumps with the Controller are BSPT, “British Standard Pipe Tread.” You will still need the Gasket, that came with the pump, for a water tight seal.

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope this helps. BTW, I believe most of the 24Vdc and 36Vdc Pumps with the Controller are BSPT, “British Standard Pipe Tread.” You will still need the Gasket, that came with the pump, for a water tight seal.
Thanks for the link but what I need is this part

Attachments

• Plastic-UPVC-PVC-Pipe-Union-Pipe-Fitting-Union-Connector-Coupling-ASTM-Sch-Grey-S-S-BS-ANSI-DI...jpg
    Plastic-UPVC-PVC-Pipe-Union-Pipe-Fitting-Union-Connector-Coupling-ASTM-Sch-Grey-S-S-BS-ANSI-DI...jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 18

slogan315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thanks Steve! this is exactly what I needed

slogan315

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the link but what I need is this part
Looks like the you could use the adapter that steve provided to convert from metric threads to us standard, then it'll fit the standard schedule 40 pipe and fittings commonly available. So convert from metric to standard, then use any standard union you want

OP
OP
E

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the you could use the adapter that steve provided to convert from metric threads to us standard, then it'll fit the standard schedule 40 pipe and fittings commonly available. So convert from metric to standard, then use any standard union you want
Unfortunately I'm space limited :(

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back