Return Pump Size

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still kind of new to this it’s my first dc pump around how many lights on the remote need to light up to have around 400gph
You should tune it to the drain. Or use flow sensor, or time how long it takes to fill a bucket(at operating head hieght) if you specifically want 400gph

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I’m still kind of new to this it’s my first dc pump around how many lights on the remote need to light up to have around 400gph
As mentioned, you work with your drain.
The M2 does 2000gph at 0 head. So if you go to the middle dot it should be 1000 gph. I'm not sure if this has been proven or disproven.
If I remember correctly people used to say ( as a general way ) every 1' of height and every fitting on your return line accounted for 100 gph.

On my 66 gallon tank with a herbie drain ( 1" dia pvc for the full drain), I am at 6 dots. This is a spot where everything is nice and quiet. This is important to me.

QBall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can calibrate the M2 in the Mobius app it will let you set you minimum and maximum flow % and then for example mine is 75% max in calibration. But if I set knob to 100% in regular mode it still limits is to the calibration of (75%) as you can't accidentally crank it too high. App will show 100% after calibration but that number is only 100% of your calibrated amount.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back