OP
Srfnhooker

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that concerns me is that your tank is bigger than the one I've repaired, so, you're dealing with more water pressure.

The euro bracing is a good contingency plan. I'm just not sure how it would be secured to the tank. I've seen euro bracing on acrylic tanks, but those aren't glued on.

As I understand, with acrylic tanks, there is a clear liquid in a squeeze bottle with what appears to be a long needle on the end. That liquid is placed between the two pieces and causes some chemical reaction which makes the seam in the acrylic bond as if to form one piece.

I'll post some photos later.
Great. Euro bracing with glass would be done using silicone. My tank is glass. Yeah that acrylic "glue" basically melts the 2 pieces together. I look forward to your pics.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. Euro bracing with glass would be done using silicone. My tank is glass. Yeah that acrylic "glue" basically melts the 2 pieces together. I look forward to your pics.

Ok, so here are the pics. I decided to make it a separate thread so more people will see it.

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
061452F5-2AF4-46D7-A896-6DE6C82DB94A.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back