revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HA! You all are hilarious! Thanks for the "concern." :p

I have a major update to this tank happening. I have had some major algae issues (dino) and then found out I had metal in the water via a Triton test. I decided to relaunch the tank and I currently have 400lbs of Fiji rock cooking and new sand sitting on the front porch. I plan to remove all current rock and a lot of the older sand and give it another go! The corals I currently have are doing ok at the moment.

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA! You all are hilarious! Thanks for the "concern." :p

I have a major update to this tank happening. I have had some major algae issues (dino) and then found out I had metal in the water via a Triton test. I decided to relaunch the tank and I currently have 400lbs of Fiji rock cooking and new sand sitting on the front porch. I plan to remove all current rock and a lot of the older sand and give it another go! The corals I currently have are doing ok at the moment.
Sorry to hear that about the metal.Did you find the source?Why new sand already?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of metal? How much showed on the ICP? And where do you think it came from?
I'm guessing its aluminum from all the empty Yoohoo! cans. :p

Or maybe something from the heater explosion he suffered. ;Blackeye

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HA! You all are hilarious! Thanks for the "concern." :p.........

Phew! I was afraid Rev was going to throw the book at us! Of course I'm talking about the "Good Book" of Matthew and John.... "Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged!"
and "Let Him Who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone."

Because how many of us haven't updated our own Member's Tank threads? :eek:. :rolleyes:

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, just spent my night reading 115 pages of an amazing build thread...

- Seriously Rev, amazing tank, room, setup, all of it. Amazing! So many of us are living out our dreams through your build. Thanks for bringing us along.
- In 115 pages just one and a half FTS??????
- And now you have to start over???? Oh man, that really sucks..

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, for the past two days I've been minding our little one who is down with a bug. So down in the rec room laying on the floor mostly, and reading this monster thread that I somehow never saw before. (I almost said wading through but I'm up to page 60something and no water yet). It's a lot of fun so far!

But I wanted to take a pause and comment on this quote from our fearless leader that I think exemplifies the kind of clear, detailed, and helpful technical information that makes this forum so special:

[responding to why he put so many ball valves on his mixing station]

They just look cool! LOL! No they have a purpose. Shut this one, open this one, water goes this way and that way, up and down!

:)

Cheers, Tony

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had aluminum in my water so I tested it. It said I only have one Budweiser can in there and I am sure I read someplace on the internet that your allowed two Budweiser cans to each fifty gallons.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I had aluminum in my water so I tested it. It said I only have one Budweiser can in there and I am sure I read someplace on the internet that your allowed two Budweiser cans to each fifty gallons.

Two per 50g is only for Bud Light I think.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back