Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

flo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rev tree been thru your build and looking for ideas for almost similar build. Your build is the inspiration for mine. Maybe tank a little smaller. What I am looking for is how does the plumbing connects to the sump and to the QT and to the frag tank?? I looked at all the pictures but could not figure it all out. If you could point out where in the pages that this is talked about I will go look for it. Thanks

flyfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build Rev,are you still keeping a tank?Whats happening?How ya been? Hellllllo?Whats new?Good to hear from ya

WhiskeyCoffee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25d5ii.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man oh man I'm sorry everyone. I've been battling dinos so much that I have even contemplated taking this whole thing down. Super drastic but it's super depressing. I'm at my wits end. I am currently in a blackout, have some fiji mud coming in and still trying. This actually started around August of last year and it's been off and on but for the past few months it's been crazy. I have all my corals, whats left, in the frag tank.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh and I actually removed all of my rock and replaced it with cycled rock from Fiji, Had it flown in! Even replaced about 75% of my sand. I've thrown a lot more money at this thing but you all know the old saying...money can't buy me love! :p

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rev, have you read this article, #15?

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/eb/

It's my go-to article. The short version is don't rush...until your tank is something like a year old, it'll be chaos trying to control anything.

Thanks bro. I am not refuting this article at all but I have kept many systems over a decade and have never once dealt with anything like this. The tank was growing coraline, corals were reproducing and sps growing.

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As bad as I hate to say it. If my tank ever gets to a point that I'm lost on what to do next. I will probably just look into hiring a professional aquarium maintenance service. Then maybe six months in start back doing it myself.

I wish you the best of luck but sometimes we really do overcomplicate things. I downgraded to a 160 gallon because even though everyone was always saying go bigger they weren't the ones having to clean and maintain my tank on a daily basis.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about the dinos rev. I'm in the same boat. My tank was pristine and now it's totally brown and gooped up no matter what I do. Definitely sucks!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know some people were having success beating it with a uv sterilizer

Ran one for e few months but might not have had the flow rate correct. Going to start it again today or tomorrow.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sorry to hear about the dinos rev. I'm in the same boat. My tank was pristine and now it's totally brown and gooped up no matter what I do. Definitely sucks!

So bad when you place your arms in the tank they have slime on them when you pull them out! Sorry you are dealing with it as well.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back