2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have fun! I've only missed a few opening days over the past 20 years, but unfortunately this is one of them. Let's go O's!

OP
OP
rfrankle

rfrankle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ... I had blocked out a major portion of the day today to continue my construction work. However, when checking on the fish from my old tank that are waiting for their new home to be finished, I noticed something in the overflow and what I had planned was put on hold ...

1.jpeg
2.jpeg

I've been keeping saltwater fish for a long time but this is a first for me and I'm not really sure how to proceed. I may repost this to another part of the forum for help, but figured I would start here.

Should I put them in the sump of my temporary tank until they get bigger? or in a quarantine tank (although I don't have a lot of room for another tank for an extended period until the new tank is done)? What do I feed them (although they have obviously made it for some period of time already on whatever got into the overflow)? What other questions should I be asking (and what are the answers to those questions)? What other information is needed to move forward?

Thanks for any help that you can offer in advance.

OP
OP
rfrankle

rfrankle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was me I would put them in my refugium, never had this happen though.

Thanks ... that’s what I did last night and they seemed ok today.

I’m not sure about getting them to eat. The only thing that they had at my LFS was frozen baby brine shrimp and the regular live brine. I tried the live but I think it was too big for them. It was hard to tell if they were eating the defrosted frozen because it was so small. I also tried squirting some BRS Reef Chili in the sump where they are and I think they were eating it ... but I’m not positive.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure grinding up some mush of your own, or a commercial mush would work out well and they would eat that.

Look at it like this, they have made it thus far without you even being aware they existed. things are progressing nicely though!

OP
OP
rfrankle

rfrankle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that this is a little off topic but I couldn't resist ...

In 2015, we did some renovation work in our backyard which included the installation of a pond.

1.jpg
2.jpg

This morning, despite some calls for snow, I ventured out to begin some of the spring cleanup. And, for the second time this week, I was surprised by what I found! It has been a very fertile winter here in Maryland!

3.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OUTSTANDING ! ! !

That basement looks SAHWEEEEEEET ! ! !
Thumb.gif
Thumb.gif

Wanna come do mine ;);)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 203 71.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back