RO/DI Booster pump

KalmSeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Has any one had any experience with the Aquantic Life Smart Buddie RO/DI booster pump 50-100 GPD good or bad? and what pump is in the unit. I spoke to BRS today and they told me it was a Aquatec 8800 i thought the rating would be higher with that pump than 50-100 GPD SKU 231958. I have been trying to contact [email protected] with no reply. Thanks Mike

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one, love it. The unit is not just a booster pump. It controls the the rodi process. Auto shut off from either no water pressure or a closed line from say a float switch. Auto flush ect. They rate it for 50-100gph for a reason. Don't know why. I would not go over the recommended gph. I get 100 or more gph out of my 75gph BRS unit. I fill up a 32 gallon brute in around 4 and 1/2 hrs.

Last edited:

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use one as well and like it a lot. I initially ran it with dual 75 gph RO membranes in series but am now using it with a single 90 gpd RO membrane with a lot better longevity on filters. I was going through membranes rapidly with the earlier setup.

OP
OP
K

KalmSeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info can any one tell me what brand and model pump is in the unit.
I just installed a Aquatec 6800 on a 100 GPD RO/DI it would not shut off until i removed the manual shut off valve in the RO/DI
i now have to install a solenoid in the supply line to shut off the water feeding the RO/DI

I was thinking of getting this unit before going any further because it has the solenoid and a auto flush for the Membrane already installed.
My only concern was the brand and model of the pump in the unit.
thanks again for your help

OP
OP
K

KalmSeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished installing the Aquatec CPB 6800 booster pump with the ESO (Solenoid valve) to stop the flow thru the RO DI.
I teed in a pressure gauge after the pump and before the RO DI unit, The pressure out of the pump with flow turned off going into RO DI unit is reading 80 PSI when the flow is turned on to the unit it drops to a steady 40 PSI. From what i have read it should be close to 80 PSI for the membrane function at its best, if i adjust the pump setting it does not change. Any help would be appreciate
Thanks Mike

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back