RO Drinking Water Booster Pump Question

Eye H8 Empty V

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2019
Messages
486
Reaction score
675
Location
Magnolia, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone this doesn’t pertain to reefing but I know you guys will have the answer. I’ve got a 20gal tank for our home RO drinking water. It’s a long route for the 1/4” tubing from the tank to the faucet. Can I put a booster pump in between the tank and faucet? I’ve only got about 45PSI coming in. Would a booster pump before the whole system help? If so what would you recommend?

Thanks!
 
You want the booster pump after the first set of filters, but before the RO membrane and the holding tank.
 
45psi isn't terrible, my house has 50 and I feel like I need a booster pump as well, it took forever for me to do the initial fill of my new tank. We use our system for drinking water as well, I think I need to replace the automatic pressure valve on mine, it just continues to run after my pressure tank is full.
 
45psi isn't terrible, my house has 50 and I feel like I need a booster pump as well, it took forever for me to do the initial fill of my new tank. We use our system for drinking water as well, I think I need to replace the automatic pressure valve on mine, it just continues to run after my pressure tank is full.
Check where you have the cutoffs in the sequence too. I had mine in the wrong place for years. Moving it properly made the cutoff a lot more accurate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new