RO Drinking Water Booster Pump Question

Eye H8 Empty V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone this doesn’t pertain to reefing but I know you guys will have the answer. I’ve got a 20gal tank for our home RO drinking water. It’s a long route for the 1/4” tubing from the tank to the faucet. Can I put a booster pump in between the tank and faucet? I’ve only got about 45PSI coming in. Would a booster pump before the whole system help? If so what would you recommend?

Thanks!

nosduj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45psi isn't terrible, my house has 50 and I feel like I need a booster pump as well, it took forever for me to do the initial fill of my new tank. We use our system for drinking water as well, I think I need to replace the automatic pressure valve on mine, it just continues to run after my pressure tank is full.

mann1139

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45psi isn't terrible, my house has 50 and I feel like I need a booster pump as well, it took forever for me to do the initial fill of my new tank. We use our system for drinking water as well, I think I need to replace the automatic pressure valve on mine, it just continues to run after my pressure tank is full.
Check where you have the cutoffs in the sequence too. I had mine in the wrong place for years. Moving it properly made the cutoff a lot more accurate.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back