OP
I

idle0095

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at your photos again it appears to be connected properly, but again I'm not actually holding the unit so I can only see so much in the photos
Thanks for the help. I posted another thread on external overflows. You know anything about those?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing your housings from left to right are:

Sediment, carbon, DI resin

Using the first photo you posted. Going off the second it would reversed.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should set it up properly going forward for your own use, here a thread to help. I will need to put something together for flow restrictors, as I didn't include that section in the guide.

If you haven't already I would start with a clean set of filters after you get it all hooked up and plumbed how you want it.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy amounts of waste water would more then likely be from the lack of a flow restrictor. It provides back pressure to the membrane to force the water through the membrane instead of just over it.

Unhook your orange waste line and look inside it. On one end it should have something in the tube. If it does not, you will need a either a capillary(goes in the line)restictor, or like the BRS units, a flow restrictor that allows water to flow freely so it flushes the membrane.

This will explain it better then me:

OP
OP
I

idle0095

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy amounts of waste water would more then likely be from the lack of a flow restrictor. It provides back pressure to the membrane to force the water through the membrane instead of just over it.

Unhook your orange waste line and look inside it. On one end it should have something in the tube. If it does not, you will need a either a capillary(goes in the line)restictor, or like the BRS units, a flow restrictor that allows water to flow freely so it flushes the membrane.

This will explain it better then me:
The orange waste line does have a little thing in the line.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orange waste line does have a little thing in the line.

That would be a capillary style flow restrictor as previously mentioned.

So good news you have it installed already.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing to note is the pressure. I did not se it posted, nor if the unit has a pressure gauge?

If the pressure is not high enough, water will flow over the membrane and not through it. Also causing a lot of waste water to little product water.

Have you put a bucket under both lines and measured the waste to product ratio? Might be working properly as they do produce quite a bit of waste, much more then one not used to running a unit might think.

Back