Rock anemone health

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CD65E612-2094-4A34-8AEB-B4FEC0D7E40B.jpeg
I purchased this rock anemone today from petco ONLY bc it wasn’t even out of the bag yet from being shipped. It had better coloring at the store but I wasn’t able to see the mouth. The foot was VERY sticky when it went in the tank, and is still clearly firmly planted. Is the mouth of for being so new in the tank, or should I worry? What should I do? I feel he’s healthy enough to recover but how can I help him along

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
CD65E612-2094-4A34-8AEB-B4FEC0D7E40B.jpeg
I purchased this rock anemone today from petco ONLY bc it wasn’t even out of the bag yet from being shipped. It had better coloring at the store but I wasn’t able to see the mouth. The foot was VERY sticky when it went in the tank, and is still clearly firmly planted. Is the mouth of for being so new in the tank, or should I worry? What should I do? I feel he’s healthy enough to recover but how can I help him along
How did you acclimate it and how long ?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks very bleached, but as you said could be the picture. Give it time to adjust and hopefully pull in some new zooxanths. Only feed it easy foods like brine or mysis if at all. Good luck. Looks like it could be really nice if it colors up and survives the transport.

OP
OP
ridgeburyreefer

ridgeburyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you acclimate it and how long ?
I floated it in bag for 30 minutes, then added a splash of tank water every 10 minutes until the bag was relatively full. I then dumped the excess water out, placed it in a small dish upside down over top of it on the sand, and removed it when I saw the sand moving around the foot. The mouth seems to be closing more; it really alarmed me to see how wide open it was at the time.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I floated it in bag for 30 minutes, then added a splash of tank water every 10 minutes until the bag was relatively full. I then dumped the excess water out, placed it in a small dish upside down over top of it on the sand, and removed it when I saw the sand moving around the foot. The mouth seems to be closing more; it really alarmed me to see how wide open it was at the time.
Cup of water every 15 mins 6X is best then introduce under low or blue light.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back