Rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alwmh4
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alwmh4

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2014
Messages
261
Reaction score
27
Location
Abingdon, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read some of the posts already here but none have addressed my specific question. I'm getting a 100 ga. I have a nano that has way too much rock in it. Would love to put part in my new tank. This next issue is one of personal preference. I don't want pests. My current tank has them. So
1. How do I rid rock of pest without killing anything attached to rock? Or do I just not worry about that and kill good stuff to be sure pests are gone? I'm speaking specifically of bristleworms. I've treated and treated the tank. Every time I get more dead worms. So there are eggs hatching.

2. Where do I get good dry rock from? Not cut from the ground but rock that's been allowed to dry on s beach. I don't want phosphates leaching into my water from ground rock.

3. How much rock? Like I said I put too much in my nano and there is no space to really clean. I want corals etc so I want healthy water but not cramped in any way
 
#1- Your going to have to kill everything in and on the rock to get rid of all pests, best bet is to bleach or acid dip.
#2- I like Marco Rocks
#3- Minimum of 100lbs, 150lbs would be better, remember its your bio filter in your tank. Along with your skimmer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new