Rockflower anemone feet sticking together?

mhaley98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Attached are some photos of my rock flower anemones. My orange one was a previous resident and was happy and didn't move from his spot. I added the green one on Saturday, close to but not touching the orange one (to make a rock flower garden). Since then, they have both moved closer to each other, and it almost seems like my orange one is chasing my green one around, causing them both to move. They will not separate from each other, their feet are stuck to the same rock right next to each other, and maybe sticking to each other as well. It almost seems like my orange one is bullying my green one.

My question is, is it normal for this to happen, and will they be okay and maybe eventually sort it out and separate? Or should I attempt to separate their feet and maybe put some sand in between them so that they stop sticking to each other?

Thank you for your input!

Rock flowers separated.jpg Rock flowers stuck together.jpg

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Attached are some photos of my rock flower anemones. My orange one was a previous resident and was happy and didn't move from his spot. I added the green one on Saturday, close to but not touching the orange one (to make a rock flower garden). Since then, they have both moved closer to each other, and it almost seems like my orange one is chasing my green one around, causing them both to move. They will not separate from each other, their feet are stuck to the same rock right next to each other, and maybe sticking to each other as well. It almost seems like my orange one is bullying my green one.

My question is, is it normal for this to happen, and will they be okay and maybe eventually sort it out and separate? Or should I attempt to separate their feet and maybe put some sand in between them so that they stop sticking to each other?

Thank you for your input!

Rock flowers separated.jpg Rock flowers stuck together.jpg
I have rock flower anemones that live on the same rock and touch one another. I think they often live in proximity to one another. I wouldn't do anything. Just let them do what they will. I expect they will settle and stop moving soon.

OP
OP
M

mhaley98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock flower anemones can live and touch each other. Mine do. Shouldn’t be a problem at all.
I have rock flower anemones that live on the same rock and touch one another. I think they often live in proximity to one another. I wouldn't do anything. Just let them do what they will. I expect they will settle and stop moving soon.
Thank you both so much, I only ask because my green RFA looks like he might be annoyed and trying to get away from the other. I knew they could touch, but didn't think that they would essentially hug/smother each other.
Thanks again, I am sure they'll eventually sort everything out themselves

cudafishman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to add my new flower anemone but I keep finding it rolling around like a piece of bubble gum. I quarantined him in a Tupperware dish now he's sucked down to it. Should I get a flat rock for him to anchor to?

garygb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine attach either to holes or crevices in the live rock, or they attach to the bottom of the live rock where it meets the glass of the tank. I also have some shallow sand in one area, and they attach to the glass under the sand in that location.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back