Rock Flower Nem

DoubleG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Rock Flower Nem that’s been in my tank for about 10 days now and he won’t attach anywhere. He’s been rolling around making a mess of the tank. I have others in the tank with no issues. I’ve tried digging him a hole in the sand, base of a rock, on a rock and nothing is working. Right now he’s blown up and upside down. Is it dying? Not sure what else to do. Thanks!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few options that I have used is to put it in a PVC end cap or put it in a small disposable plastic cup. Good luck!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place it in a small plastic container with rock rubble and place it in a low flow area of your tank so it won’t be blown around. When it attaches to the piece of rock rubble plce it where you like.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to notice if the foot was damaged when you got it? I had gotten 1 and the guy who bagged it didnt really seem like he knew what he was doing. Well, he didnt and had torn the foot. It was a little touch and go for the first month but keeping it in a low flow area and in a small mesh (I think it was a strawberry container) container it pulled through and attached to a shell. I noticed a ragged red edge on the foot of mine and didnt attach to anything until it turned back to a whitish color again.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a little hole next to rocks and turn off all flow for a bit till it attached.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anemones, I often put a concave piece of rock on top of the foot and another piece of rock in front of the result cavity/cave, so the anemone does not float out. I normally don't turn off the flow in the tank. This will be enough for healthy anemone to attach to the rock. Once it is attached, I then move it to wherever location I like and think it will be happy. Below is a picture of the anemone in its manmade cave without he fronts rock. This one has attached so I removed the front rock and leave him where I think he will be happy. Some RF Anemones like to stay on the rock while others like the rock/sand interface.
Good luck with yours.
img_1819-jpeg.3596830

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back