RODI booster pump needed?

jhOU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently only getting 40psi through my BRS 6 stage rodi. I get 0 tds and produces water at a reasonable rate. Would I get better quality water with a booster pump, or just faster production? At what psi is a booster pump REALLY required?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re already at 0 tds, so you can’t get any better (in terms of total dissolved solids at least).

40 psi isn’t too bad. I ran mine at 40 for the first couple barrels, then opened up my supply pressure at my house pressure reduction valve to 60psi for subsequent fills. I *think* it was 2-3 hours faster for a 55 gallon barrel- I can fill it in about 9 hours with a 180gpd model rodi unit at the current 60 psi

How much are you making and how long does it take ?

OP
OP
jhOU

jhOU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never really timed it. I have a 55 gallon barrel with float valve cut off, and it fills somewhere around 24 hours (maybe a bit more). I don’t really have any complaints with its current performance, but don’t know if anything could be sneaking through not measured by tds.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, ultimately

Things like CO2 in the water won’t register on your tds meter, but will totally kill your DI resin very quickly.

Other ions may be present but you’ll never notice anything amiss, others may make it difficult to grow more sensitive species of sps

Kinda hard to diagnose without any symptoms, honestly

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What PSI do you have coming out of faucet? It's recommended to have 65 to 80psi to get the best results. I have a 2 membrane unit with double DI stages and get 35 TDS out of the membrane and then 0 tds out of DI's. My pressure out of faucet is 78psi.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your tap tds and tds after the RO membrane? That will help figure efficiency.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back