RODI Booster Pump Pressure Switch not working?

derpysmurp89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased a used 6-stage BRS RODI system with a Aquetec booster pump. The pump came with the auto-flush and the 40psi pressure switch for the clean water line. After watching countless youtube videos, I feel very confident that I have the system setup correctly. I currently have a manual shutoff valve on the clean water line, but after closing this valve, the booster bump continues to run. I thought the 40psi inline pressure switch is supposed to shutoff the booster pump? I have the switch wired in correctly between the booster pump power supply and the pump itself. Maybe It takes a while to build up 40psi inside the clean supply line after the 6th stage ( 2 DI cartridges)? I even ordered a new switch from amazon because I thought the original was faulty. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
derpysmurp89

derpysmurp89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where is the pressure switch located? mine is directly after the membrane, before the DI stages.
Sorry I should have elaborated on the setup more. I will have to take more pics tonite. Yes, I have the white Auto Shuttof valve in between the membrane and the DI stages, but it’s the black shutoff solenoid I am referring too. This one is on the clean water line after the last DI stage.
IMG_8149.jpeg

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your power supply plugged directly (no splitters) into one of the two plugs on the pressure switch? Feel free to give us a call when you're in front of the system and we'll get it squared away.
Russ
513-312-2343

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back