rodi booster pump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dtackett
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2015
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
824
Location
Forest, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AZDesertRat . He could answer better than I . Fortunately, my unit always runs about 65 psi no matter where I hook it up. I do believe they can though.
 
The ad says it's the same as Aquatec 8800, and that's the one that works for me. I think what you'll hear is the quality of the Aquatec is better. I don't know if that's true, and would really like to see someone "test" these off-brand pumps.

Other considerations if you purchase this pump.....it comes for 3/8 tubing connections....and I'm pretty sure the more common tubing is 1/4 inch.....so check the size tubing you have. The other thing is that I saw no mention of the transformer that is needed to run this pump. Does it come with the transformer? If not, the transformer will run you around $20.
 
thank you for your responses. I am thinking I may just go with the name brand aquatic 8800 as its less than 100 bucks and prefer name brand when I can afford it. just wanted to make sure it would be strong enough to add that much pressure.
 
thank you for your responses. I am thinking I may just go with the name brand aquatic 8800 as its less than 100 bucks and prefer name brand when I can afford it. just wanted to make sure it would be strong enough to add that much pressure.
Good choice. When you plumb the booster pump install between the carbon filter and membrane
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new