RODI Plumbing Question

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I just moved into the new house and I'm in the process of bringing over my equipment pre tank move. I used to have the RO/DI unit underneath a bathroom sink and the fittings mated up just fine. Now the new place has a basement with a wash sink right next to the washer and dryer. Here lies the problem. The fittings for the washer and sink that I was hoping to tap are 3/4" and the adapter that came with my unit is only 1/2". What's the easiest and most efficient way to plumb the RO/DI into its new home?

I've seen some people using hose Y connectors and then going off the second port with a down sizer. I don't have that down sizer from my original kit (it's years old now and probably just got lost) so is that a part I can snag at Lowes/Home Depot? Or do I need to order that from BRS? Anybody have any other solutions that don't involve a self tapping line? I read those severely limit your pressure and are known to start failing with too many actuations.

Cheers

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I just moved into the new house and I'm in the process of bringing over my equipment pre tank move. I used to have the RO/DI unit underneath a bathroom sink and the fittings mated up just fine. Now the new place has a basement with a wash sink right next to the washer and dryer. Here lies the problem. The fittings for the washer and sink that I was hoping to tap are 3/4" and the adapter that came with my unit is only 1/2". What's the easiest and most efficient way to plumb the RO/DI into its new home?

I've seen some people using hose Y connectors and then going off the second port with a down sizer. I don't have that down sizer from my original kit (it's years old now and probably just got lost) so is that a part I can snag at Lowes/Home Depot? Or do I need to order that from BRS? Anybody have any other solutions that don't involve a self tapping line? I read those severely limit your pressure and are known to start failing with too many actuations.

Cheers
Do you have any pics? I might be able to point you in the right direction

OP
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture:

20190523_202342.jpg

The right side line is the cold water line with the tap to the washer feed. I'm thinking I might snag some 3/4-1/2" NPT reducer and just stick my half inch adapter in there.

For reference, this is what the adapter looks like that I used to have under the sink.
20190523_202718.jpg

So the finished product would go: cold water pipe valve 3/4" -> 3/4" to 1/2" NPT adapter -> RODI 1/2" with 1/4 tube tap -> 1/2" to 3/4" adapter to 3/4" washer inlet line

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture:

20190523_202342.jpg

The right side line is the cold water line with the tap to the washer feed. I'm thinking I might snag some 3/4-1/2" NPT reducer and just stick my half inch adapter in there.

For reference, this is what the adapter looks like that I used to have under the sink.
20190523_202718.jpg

So the finished product would go: cold water pipe valve 3/4" -> 3/4" to 1/2" NPT adapter -> RODI 1/2" with 1/4 tube tap -> 1/2" to 3/4" adapter to 3/4" washer inlet line
That's going to be a hose thread which is different from npt. I would recommend just using one of the y adaptors you referenced and a hose thread to 1/4" adaptor like this one that I have, and will never use, if you want it

20190523_204021.jpg

OP
OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's going to be a hose thread which is different from npt. I would recommend just using one of the y adaptors you referenced and a hose thread to 1/4" adaptor like this one that I have, and will never use, if you want it

20190523_204021.jpg

I might take you up on that! Shoot me a PM

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back