RODI Setup

Reefapalooza6

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I’m fairly new to the hobby. I have a 150 GPD RODI system. If I take my dual 75 GPD membranes and install a 400 GPD membrane, do I have to do anything else to the system? Or is it that simple to produce more water? I don’t have a means of storing large quantities of water so I need to produce more than 5 gallons per hour. That is my current systems output. Thanks for any help.
 
The restrictor valve has to be changed as well. They are sized to the membrane's output.

400 GPD / 5:1 rejection rate = 2,000 gallons 'in' per day.

2,000 / 24 / 60 = ~1.5 gallons per minute 'in'. I would check that your plumbing will support that.
 
The restrictor valve has to be changed as well. They are sized to the membrane's output.

400 GPD / 5:1 rejection rate = 2,000 gallons 'in' per day.

2,000 / 24 / 60 = ~1.5 gallons per minute 'in'. I would check that your plumbing will support that.
Thank you. I’ll definitely check.
 
The restrictor valve has to be changed as well. They are sized to the membrane's output.

400 GPD / 5:1 rejection rate = 2,000 gallons 'in' per day.

2,000 / 24 / 60 = ~1.5 gallons per minute 'in'. I would check that your plumbing will support that.

And the ratings of the carbon filters
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new