Rodi

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a bunch of used stuff and one of them is a RODI unit. Currently it has water just sitting inside it. Is this okay? Should I. Remove water? How do I remove the water?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a bunch of used stuff and one of them is a RODI unit. Currently it has water just sitting inside it. Is this okay? Should I. Remove water? How do I remove the water?
Depending on the unit some have flush valves included.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to hook it up and start using it?

Filmtec data sheet says membranes must be kept wet.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt have a flush valve is 180 gpd spectrapure dual membrane. Is this water "hurting" it
Probably not hurting it in a sealed system. That said I wouldn't let it sit too long and would run before keeping any.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt have a flush valve is 180 gpd spectrapure dual membrane. Is this water "hurting" it
Open each housing and empty the old water out. Personally, I'd also clean the housings and install new filters.
The water is not "hurting" anything now, but depending on how long it was sitting, might have some algae or bacterial growth on the filters which will not be ideal when you start using it again..

OP
OP
vcnt

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open each housing and empty the old water out. Personally, I'd also clean the housings and install new filters.
The water is not "hurting" anything now, but depending on how long it was sitting, might have some algae or bacterial growth on the filters which will not be ideal when you start using it again..
Do you think 250 watts is enouph eat for a (about 45 gallon) sump and 110 gallon display tank>

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think 250 watts is enouph eat for a (about 45 gallon) sump and 110 gallon display tank>
I have 2 300's I think for my 90g no sump. Always have 2 with a controller. One of mine is set to 77-78, the other 76-77. Just to be sure there's never an issue.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean heaters? Probably, depending on what the room temp is. The ratings on heaters generally tell you how many gallons they can heat the water and keep it at most 10 degrees F warmer than the room.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it will be some time before you fire up the RODI, I'd open up the unit, remove and discard all the filters including the membrane. Sanitize the unit, and then empty the sanitizer solution. Dry what you can and leave it open to air dry. Put in new filters when you're ready to start using it.

OP
OP
vcnt

vcnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because it will be some time before you fire up the RODI, I'd open up the unit, remove and discard all the filters including the membrane. Sanitize the unit, and then empty the sanitizer solution. Dry what you can and leave it open to air dry. Put in new filters when you're ready to start using it.
I have 2 90 gallon per day membranes

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are actually two re-labeled 75 gpd membranes where the vendor is telling you to run them 10 psi over the manufacturer's spec.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 140 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back