nanoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

My tank is coming up to 4 weeks old now and these rogue anemones have popped up! The guy in the lfs said they are ball anemones and to remove them with tweezers but I’m scared they’ll multiply and cause more issues! I wasn’t worried about them but I plan on adding sexy shrimp and I have read horror stories of them eating small fish and inverts! Any advice on how to effectively remove? I didn’t know if a peppermint shrimp or another invert/fish would snack on them?
image.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never had a problem with them myself.. I’ve also never housed anything small as a sexy shrimp… I’d say some kalk paste would do the trick if you really wanted to kill it. I think they’re cool thou!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

My tank is coming up to 4 weeks old now and these rogue anemones have popped up! The guy in the lfs said they are ball anemones and to remove them with tweezers but I’m scared they’ll multiply and cause more issues! I wasn’t worried about them but I plan on adding sexy shrimp and I have read horror stories of them eating small fish and inverts! Any advice on how to effectively remove? I didn’t know if a peppermint shrimp or another invert/fish would snack on them?
image.jpg
There are different kinds of ball nems (they're actually corallimorphs/mushrooms). The one in the photo seems to be the small kind that often pop up in shady areas of our tanks... Completely harmless.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back