Rogue ball anemones?

nanoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
22
Location
england
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

My tank is coming up to 4 weeks old now and these rogue anemones have popped up! The guy in the lfs said they are ball anemones and to remove them with tweezers but I’m scared they’ll multiply and cause more issues! I wasn’t worried about them but I plan on adding sexy shrimp and I have read horror stories of them eating small fish and inverts! Any advice on how to effectively remove? I didn’t know if a peppermint shrimp or another invert/fish would snack on them?
image.jpg
 
I’ve never had a problem with them myself.. I’ve also never housed anything small as a sexy shrimp… I’d say some kalk paste would do the trick if you really wanted to kill it. I think they’re cool thou!
 
Hey everyone

My tank is coming up to 4 weeks old now and these rogue anemones have popped up! The guy in the lfs said they are ball anemones and to remove them with tweezers but I’m scared they’ll multiply and cause more issues! I wasn’t worried about them but I plan on adding sexy shrimp and I have read horror stories of them eating small fish and inverts! Any advice on how to effectively remove? I didn’t know if a peppermint shrimp or another invert/fish would snack on them?
image.jpg
There are different kinds of ball nems (they're actually corallimorphs/mushrooms). The one in the photo seems to be the small kind that often pop up in shady areas of our tanks... Completely harmless.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new