Rookie question

Jonathan1236

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All-I am looking to get back into the hobby after a 30 year hiatus.

The only place in my house that would accommodate an aquarium is the kitchen bar.

I am looking at the Waterbox 50 and it would go on top of a Marble countertop supported by two 3/4” plywood cabinets.

I am trying to gauge if the tank will cause damage to the countertop and/or underlying cabinets.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you!!!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All-I am looking to get back into the hobby after a 30 year hiatus.

The only place in my house that would accommodate an aquarium is the kitchen bar.

I am looking at the Waterbox 50 and it would go on top of a Marble countertop supported by two 3/4” plywood cabinets.

I am trying to gauge if the tank will cause damage to the countertop and/or underlying cabinets.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you!!!
I think you would be fine! That tank isnt huge and I dont think you would have damage unless your tank was leaking or got broken somehow!

RandyL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like you should be fine from a weight standpoint. I’d be more concerned about the inevitable water and salt that will get on the bar surface. Normal polyurethane may not hold up as well as you’d like, so you might want to find some way to protect it better or, perhaps create a short platform that the aquarium will sit on that is slightly wider/longer. Welcome back to the hobby!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back