rose bulb= ??? clownfish

Flats Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a sweet deal on a rose bulb anemone, ive had a false percula.. do you think the anemone will host it?

MoJoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a sweet deal on a rose bulb anemone, ive had a false percula.. do you think the anemone will host it?

I have two Ocellaris that host 2 Rose's and 1 Green BTA's in my tank, it sometimes can happen instantly, in a few days, a few months. Mine took a month or so to notice it, even though you can't miss them. Give them time, keep an eye on them, hopefully it'll happen and quickly. It's one of the coolest things to see in the home aquarium. My clowns feed their nems, it's pretty amazing to see the relationship they have.

Be sure to watch your RBTA, it may wander, try to screen off powerheads/intakes so it doesn't get sucked in. It will move when it's not happy to find a suitable place with adequate light, flow, food. I target feed all my nems every 4 days or so, little pieces of raw shrimp or krill. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't sting or kill your other corals if you had any.

Here's a pic of mine:

host.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Flats Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i had a sebae with a cinnamon clown before and the sebae died due to insufficent lighting and the poor clown kept trying to save it but it was too late. i got MH now shouldnt be a problem..
pickin up my anemone in a little bit, sweet deal 50$! i see them all the time in stores for like 90-100$. might even buy somthin else that price is so good. =]

MoJoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i had a sebae with a cinnamon clown before and the sebae died due to insufficent lighting and the poor clown kept trying to save it but it was too late. i got MH now shouldnt be a problem..
pickin up my anemone in a little bit, sweet deal 50$! i see them all the time in stores for like 90-100$. might even buy somthin else that price is so good. =]

Nice, you should be fine with MH, I keep mine under T5's and they footed right up near the light towards the top of the tank. My Rose split in about 30 days, I think I had overfed it a bit, but not feed much less. They grow super quick, just keep an eye on them, hopefully they foot somewhere nice for you. My GBTA footed more towards the back of the tank so I don't get to see it fully as much, but I won't complain as it's stayed there & is happy.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$50 is a good deal.The split so fast,that there are so many out there that they have really fallen in price.I still dont know why some people pay $129-$149 for a 4" inch anemone when I along with others have some 6"-8" inches that sell for $50-$75.

OP
OP
F

Flats Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he even lowered it to 40 cuz it waz a lil bit smaller than wat he thought.. here it is, had to remove my cinnamon clown he waz all over it just smuthering it.. hopefully nemo will eventually host it.

aquarium092.jpg

aquarium093.jpg

aquarium100.jpg

aquarium112.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back