RR Angry Brid

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv seen multiple online stores that you can purchase a frag of angry bird. Wondering who has bought a piece before and how it arrived. It’s a pricey acro so I want to make sure I’m getting a legit piece. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s always best to stick with a low budget until your confidence improves. Spending big on a drag could get sideways
What I’m looking for is a legit source for authentic pieces. My system is fine and I house a handful of high end acros currently, but I’ve seen twice now a frag trying to be passed off as a RR Angry Bird that I just wasn’t convinced was authentic.
I have seen them on Thirsys, Reef factory, joker corals…

I’m just looking for experience from somebody who’s bought a piece like this from somewhere and is confident in the legitimacy of the description.

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry my post may not be too helpful, but all I want to say is this is one of the worst corals out there for imitators/fakes. So you're right to be digging around finding what is authentic. I'm NOT speaking from experience, just thoughts of what I've read around here.

I feel like at this point there is so much dubiousness with what is the "authentic angry birds", and it doesn't help that acros can look very different from tank to tank. I BELIEVE the original OG authentic acro you want is "RRU Angry Birds". I also believe this is authentically carried by TSA, and whoever prove/claim to have purchased it from TSA lineage probably have the real deal. I'm sure there are others.

I think this thread talks about it some more if it helps:

Good luck!

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my post may not be too helpful, but all I want to say is this is one of the worst corals out there for imitators/fakes. So you're right to be digging around finding what is authentic. I'm NOT speaking from experience, just thoughts of what I've read around here.

I feel like at this point there is so much dubiousness with what is the "authentic angry birds", and it doesn't help that acros can look very different from tank to tank. I BELIEVE the original OG authentic acro you want is "RRU Angry Birds". I also believe this is authentically carried by TSA, and whoever prove/claim to have purchased it from TSA lineage probably have the real deal. I'm sure there are others.

I think this thread talks about it some more if it helps:

Good luck!
This is great. This is exactly why this post was originally created. For example, at reef stock this year a Denver a vendor attempted to sell me a frag of AB… but it was drastically discounted to lack of color, so instead of $600 they were only asking $300….. yea that’s a hard pass. I really do want an authentic frag of it, but that’s why I posed the question originally. What is a reliable source to obtain a legit piece? If I know it’s real, and there’s no question about it, then I would spend the money to get it. But I need to have that certainty.

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is great. This is exactly why this post was originally created. For example, at reef stock this year a Denver a vendor attempted to sell me a frag of AB… but it was drastically discounted to lack of color, so instead of $600 they were only asking $300….. yea that’s a hard pass. I really do want an authentic frag of it, but that’s why I posed the question originally. What is a reliable source to obtain a legit piece? If I know it’s real, and there’s no question about it, then I would spend the money to get it. But I need to have that certainty.
I'm pretty sure "Charlie's Frags" on here has the real deal, but I don't know how to tag him due to the apostrophe throwing off forum tagging lol. At the very least he could speak to this coral and its lineage.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At that price I would only buy WYSIWYG, you made the right call if it doesn’t look right it probably isnt.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from thirsty. If it isn’t the real one it’s nice enough to own. I also have the RRC AB (purchased thru cultivated reefs).

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of all the places you named I’d trust thirsty over the others.. he’s the only one I’ve heard of and he does have some nice pieces from what I’ve seen in his posts..

OP
OP
legacy2mj

legacy2mj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from thirsty. If it isn’t the real one it’s nice enough to own. I also have the RRC AB (purchased thru cultivated reefs).
At this point I have seen more than enough to feel confident with the lineage Thirsty has. This will probably sound really stupid because of this thread I posted, but after looking on his site, even above a good true piece of angry bird, my number most wanted stick is Tyree purple monster…. Which apparently he has too.

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd vouch for Thirsty as well, but I have not purchased his AB. I purchased his POTO flamethrower which is undoubtedly the real deal.

AB I can't speak to, to re-iterate I think there's just so much confusion on the lineages out there.

Oh, I'll add I purchased his Vivid Insanity, which is near impossible to mistake for anything else lol. He single handedly destroyed the market for vivid insanity by having so much success with aquaculture. Def a very impressive reefer.

jthunderzzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They also have them at Cornbread corals. I just got a package from them with some great corals and their packing is top of the line!

fangelillo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I have seen more than enough to feel confident with the lineage Thirsty has. This will probably sound really stupid because of this thread I posted, but after looking on his site, even above a good true piece of angry bird, my number most wanted stick is Tyree purple monster…. Which apparently he has too.
I’ll throw up a picture when I get it. For named pieces Thirsty is the guy. eBay is the best way to get his deals. I only order SPS from Thirsty and SBB. Sweet reef has nice ones as well.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back