RTN need help!!

Mattxmoore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have a “Green Pepper” monti that a couple of days ago I started noticing some tissue loss. At first I thought it was just the skeleton exceeding tissue growth but now it is creeping up the coral and losing tissue and polyps.
Ca 430
Mg 1320
Alk 8.7-9
PO4 .03
NO3 4-6
Sal 1.025
Temp 77-78
pH 8.1-8.3

Only change I have made is adjusting my photoperiod to longer and getting a increasing max out % to longer as well. Have been increasing by 5 minute increments every other day.

I dipped in coral Rx tonight for 5 minutes (does anyone know how often I can/should use coral Rx). Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I have about 12 other sps frags of varying species that are all doing great and showing signs of new growth daily.

Thanks!!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have a “Green Pepper” monti that a couple of days ago I started noticing some tissue loss. At first I thought it was just the skeleton exceeding tissue growth but now it is creeping up the coral and losing tissue and polyps.
Ca 430
Mg 1320
Alk 8.7-9
PO4 .03
NO3 4-6
Sal 1.025
Temp 77-78
pH 8.1-8.3

Only change I have made is adjusting my photoperiod to longer and getting a increasing max out % to longer as well. Have been increasing by 5 minute increments every other day.

I dipped in coral Rx tonight for 5 minutes (does anyone know how often I can/should use coral Rx). Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I have about 12 other sps frags of varying species that are all doing great and showing signs of new growth daily.

Thanks!!

Can you post a picture?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank?

Without knowing more, I would caution you to just observe for a while if you feel that everything else is OK. Everybody loses a coral now and then and you can cause more damage by chasing that one than you can just by letting it go.

Coral Rx dip once is enough. If it had pests, then you likely got them. It can be hard on coral if used too often.

OP
OP
Mattxmoore

Mattxmoore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture?
Might not be the best.

FD3604DD-0A2B-44A4-AF66-7D8EE9A1482E.jpeg

E25DCC87-AF6F-4917-B033-52AAC0AB9591.jpeg

7CC25186-08BA-4551-9AAE-F101FE276EB2.jpeg

OP
OP
Mattxmoore

Mattxmoore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank?

Without knowing more, I would caution you to just observe for a while if you feel that everything else is OK. Everybody loses a coral now and then and you can cause more damage by chasing that one than you can just by letting it go.

Coral Rx dip once is enough. If it had pests, then you likely got them. It can be hard on coral if used too often.
The tank is a little over a year. Yeah I dipped it last night and when I looked this morning and there didn’t appear to be anymore tissue loss. So I think you’re right just have wait it out and see. Thanks

OP
OP
Mattxmoore

Mattxmoore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just wanted to give an update for the RTN situation. So I used coral Rx per instructions and gave the monti a 5 minute soak while using a turkey baster for circulation. I guess whatever was causing it fell off/died and the tissue loss has stopped and I am getting a thin line of new growth now. Yayyy for Coral Rx.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back