RTN, now what

pledosophy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
422
Reaction score
291
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a colony RTN for no apparent reason. Obligatory, all of my levels are good comment, although my nitrate had bottomed out completely and my pH did get down to 7.9 the night before. The other 11 colonies in the tank are fine.

The colony that RTN'd was 3 years old.

I cut off the stalks from the base that had yet to be affected. They are in an acclimation box in the tank right now. I also did a water change, and am running carbon. I also ordered a UV, because you know... LOL.

So.... how long before I can glue the stalks I cut off from the base, back to the base? I have a huge white area in my tank I am eager to fill, and would like to replace it with the 9 or so stalks of that coral. Just not sure how long I have to wait for it to be safe. Oddly, I have never had a colony RTN before, so I guess I am joining the club.

Tha
 
I would start them on frag plugs until they encrust. Once they encrust, you’re probably safe to glue to the previous skeleton.

Why carbon and UV out of curiosity? That’s the recipe for treating Ostreopsis outbreaks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new