Rumor only - New Vortechs??

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VorTech's have been shipping for about two years or more with the module needed for Mobius connectivity.
jimcarrey.gif

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Möbius for vortech's ?
1583503558184.png

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't be too excited for mobius in its current state and would not be overly excited to be able to hook my pumps to it. It will get better. No wifi connect, so if you are out of bluetooth range you are out of luck. Frequent problems after updating versa pumps. Overall, very happy with pumps (better then my apex DOS), but mobius needs more development.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how/why would you say the Versa’s are better than DOS?
In all aspects. Noise, controlability, quality, size, material choice, it can run continuously 24/7... etc. The real question is, how can you compare the dos to the versa?

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all aspects. Noise, controlability, quality, size, material choice, it can run continuously 24/7... etc. The real question is, how can you compare the dos to the versa?

im not comparing them. I don’t have the versa and probably never will so I was curious what your impressions were.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gyre style Vortech pump. Just guessing. One thing that would be sweet is a directional Vortech.

I sure hope it isn't the Gyre style of pump. If it is, hopefully the continue to support the current style.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how/why would you say the Versa’s are better than DOS?

If you have an apex and are dosing small amounts then DOS is just fine. I have DOS and do not intend on getting rid of them. I have the VERSA and it is far quieter, faster and overall better quality/build for timed AWC, for large water changes, and for continuous AWC. I also like the one time instant dosing fixture. Downside of VERSA is I have needed to re-calibrate every few weeks, and they have shut off after updates (appears to have been fixed lately). Otherwise very happy. The versa can not be turned off or monitored if you are out of the house. If for AWC, the versa will not shut off both pumps if one fails to work. I have my VERSA hooked into my apex. If water level rises too much or falls too much it will shut off ( I am too lazy to hook up the sensors, but plan to:)). The DOS is super loud for anything more than 2 gallons per day. For small amounts, no big deal

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOS has been out for years, Versa for weeks ….. suggest pumping the brakes on all the 'better' build quality stuff. Versa is unquestionably quieter than the DOS, though I personally found its utility quite limited. It may well prove to be longer lasting than the DOS, but that will take a while to become clear. The big advantage to the DOS currently is that it integrates with apex; versa integrates with nothing (though I appreciate that will change). I initially bought a versa as a CaRx masterflex replacement because it is rated for continuous duty (the DOS is not), but then had series of issues with it. I also didn't personally like mobius. Since my CaRx is critical to my system, and the masterflex has run for over 5 years without a hiccup, I concluded that the versa was not a better option and i returned it.

Whether Versa is better than DOS or DOS is better than Versa is ultimately up to the user, and the things that he or she values. To me, Versa is not better than DOS, and it's not better than masteflex. Maybe that changes over time.

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ECOTECH:
1. Fix mobius
2. Make gyre and improve vortechs
3. Take my money

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I hope Ecotech is working on a controller platform for the future, I think it’s a shame that they have abandoned the WiFi connectivity of their current and future products. I think the local Bluetooth connection through Mobius for control and monitoring of their products is a step backwards for them. In the meantime, I have no intention of swapping out my RF chips as I enjoy the integration with my Apex through the WXM module and it’s ability to monitor and control my Ecotech toys anytime and anywhere I so choose.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I hope Ecotech is working on a controller platform for the future, I think it’s a shame that they have abandoned the WiFi connectivity of their current and future products. I think the local Bluetooth connection through Mobius for control and monitoring of their products is a step backwards for them. In the meantime, I have no intention of swapping out my RF chips as I enjoy the integration with my Apex through the WXM module and it’s ability to monitor and control my Ecotech toys anytime and anywhere I so choose.

We haven't abandoned wifi, it’s in the Radion G5. Once we enable it through a Mobius update it will drag any other non-wifi Mobius enabled products with it. We are working hard on releasing all of these features but only once we are comfortable with their performance.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven't abandoned wifi, it’s in the Radion G5. Once we enable it through a Mobius update it will drag any other non-wifi Mobius enabled products with it. We are working hard on releasing all of these features but only once we are comfortable with their performance.

So upon future software updates we we’ll be able to access all Mobius linked devices anywhere we want? Meaning we won’t need to be near the device and within Bluetooth range to control and monitor it?

I was concerned because upon the release of the Versa, it was said that you can only control it if you were within Bluetooth range of the device itself. If that were also the case for all products moving forward, that certainly would be a step backward IMO.

Last edited:

Dominic Prezwanski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo any news on the new Vortechs! I and my corals are creaming at the idea and want to pass on some of my hard earned USD already!

ksed

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t improve a lot on a already great pump, therefore don’t expect drastic changes if any .
JMO

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE my MP40QDs, but if in a future version they drop Apex controllability like the new Radions, they’d lose me as a customer. I only want to have one controller for everything and at this point, IMO Apex is the leader. In the future that may be Mobius, but I think it may be a while. IMO EcoTech should continue to allow their products connectivity to multiple controllers until theirs is bulletproof.

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reeflink is just a plain nightmare @Tim at EcoTech . kept getting error when trying to program the radion g4 pro
While the reef link does have its issues it is FAR FAR FAR Better then Mobius trust me!!!! I just got the G5 and I’ve had Numerous issues with Mobius(disconnects, doesn’t stay on shedual, can’t add lights to same tank etc.) Seems like it was programmed by 6th graders in their first computer science class (Hello world) Can’t believe this from a top tier high end reefing company. It sad because I am an ecotech fan but they REALLY missed the boat with Mobius’s. My tip for reef link is try and hardwire it with Ethernet if you Can. Resolved a lot of issues for me

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back