+1 dry side, I heard it was a gyre style pump
1582915642901.png

1582916421540.png

Chris155hp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following! The only possible thing I could think they could improve would be eliminating the bearing noise complealty by a solid state motor with a slim profile. I hope if they do they don’t sacrifice torque/water movement

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they do make any changes / updates to the Vortechs, I hope they will still provide the current generation wetsides and not abandon the multitude of QD owners out there.
That would irritate a lot of people. Ecotech I hope you’re reading forums....

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they do make any changes / updates to the Vortechs, I hope they will still provide the current generation wetsides and not abandon the multitude of QD owners out there.

Cannot imagine that would happen. Just like the QD wetsides for the 40 were backwards compatible with older motors, I’m sure any subsequent design would be also.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cannot imagine that would happen. Just like the QD wetsides for the 40 were backwards compatible with older motors, I’m sure any subsequent design would be also.

There are like 11 billion Vortechs out there. If they stopped producing wet sides that is a serious cash cow they are getting rid of. Won't happen for at least three or four years after the last MP is made.

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a lower profile on the wetside. My MP40s are huge in my tank.
And they are huge on the outside of a tank as well. They could maybe as already suggested make them gyre style, which to me would almost make them worth purchasing as I say almost but not quite not until they sort out the rusty bits.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An MP style elongated Gyre/Crossflow style would be nice for sure. I’d buy 2-3 when they hit market. I’ve wanted to use that style of pump for a while, but the biggest deterrent has been size. Going from an MP40 wet side to a comparable crossflow pump is a big change, not mention the wire in the tank! ......ewwww.....wires

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back